Add to basket or enquire
Our Online A-Level Government and Politics Course aims to develop your critical thinking skills to allow you to interpret and evaluate the nature of politics. Through studying this course you will gain knowledge and understanding of the political system of the United Kingdom and you will look at the differences between it and other political systems. You will also learn about the rights and responsibilities of the individual.
Our Online A-Level Government and Politics Course enables students to:
- Develop a critical awareness of the nature of politics and the relationship between political ideas, institutions and processes;
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of the structures of authority and power within the political system of the United Kingdom, and how these may differ from those of other political systems;
- Acquire knowledge and informed understanding of the rights and responsibilities of the individual;
- Develop an interest in and engagement with contemporary politics.
- Exam Guide - download
People, Politics and Participation
- Participation and voting behaviour
- Electoral systems
- Political parties
- Pressure groups and protest movements
Governing Modern Britain
- The British Constitution
- The core executive
- Multi-level governance
The Politics of the USA
- The electoral process and direct democracy
- Political parties
- Voting behaviour
- Pressure groups
The Government of the USA
- The constitutional framework of US government
- The legislative branch of government: US Congress
- The executive branch of government
- The judicial branch of government: the supreme court
As you progress through the Online A-Level Government and Politics Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
Who is this course for?
Our A-Level Courses are perfect for homeschooling students, mature students or anyone looking to improve their grades!
Whilst there is no pre-requisite required in order to study a L3 qualification in the UK, it is still recommended that you have studied the subject at L2 (GCSE level), as this will generally contain underpinning knowledge.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
martyn morris asked:
what is the exam fee for the A Level Geography course
Exam fees vary from centre to centre. We recommend you get in touch with 3 to 4 centres if possible in order to get the best price. We also recommend you book your exams at least 6 months in advance of the exam date.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.