Add to basket or enquire
Our Online A-Level History Course aims to develop your understanding of the significance of history.
You will learn about social, cultural, religious and ethnic diversity through your study of British and non British history and gain understanding of different identities within society. You will also develop your use of historical terms, concepts and skills and learn how to reflect and think critically.
Our Online A-Level History Course enables students to:
- Develop their interest in and enthusiasm for history and an understanding of its intrinsic value and significance
- Acquire an understanding of different identities within society and an appreciation of social, cultural, religious and ethnic diversity through the study of aspects of British and non-British history
- Build on their understanding of the past through experiencing a broad and balanced course of study
- Improve as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds
- Develop the ability to ask relevant and significant questions about the past and to research them
- Acquire an understanding of the nature of historical study, for example, that history is concerned with judgements based on available evidence and that historical judgements may be provisional
- Develop their use and understanding of historical terms, concepts and skills
- Make links and draw comparisons within and/or across different periods and aspects of the past
- Organise and communicate their historical knowledge and understanding in different ways, arguing a case and reaching substantiated judgements.
- Exam Guide - download
Russia, 1917-1991: From Lenin To Yeltsin
- Russia, 1917-1991: from Lenin to Yeltsin
- The Battle to Succeed Lenin
- The Economy Under Stalin
- The Purges or 'Great Terror'
- Education under Stalin
- Khrushchev and De-Stalinisation
- The Brezhnev Era
- The Andropov and Chernenko Era
Mao's China 1949-1976
- Mao's China 1949-1976
- Key Topic 1- Establishing Communist rule, 1949-1957
- Key Topic 2- Agriculture, Industry and the Economy 1949-1965
- Key Topic 3- The Cultural Revolution and its aftermath 1966-76
- Key Topic 4- Social and Cultural Changes, 1949-76
Protest, Agitation AND Parliamentry Reform in Britain 1780-1928
- Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary Reform in Britain, c1780-1928
- The 1832 'Great Reform Act': its origins and its legacy
- Build-up to the Second Reform Act (1867)
- The suffragettes and the Women's Social and Political Union (WSPU)
- Further Political Reform: The Parliament Act of 1911
- Post-war Britain (1918-28)
- The Social Impact of World War One
- Stanley Baldwin and the Conservative government 1924-1929
The Cold War, Its Development and its Demise 1945-90
- The Beginning of Post-War Tensions
- The Cold War between 1949 and 1955
- Crises Of The Cold War 1955-1970
- The Failure of Detente and the Collapse of Communism between 1970 and 1989
Who is this course for?
Our A-Level Courses are perfect for homeschooling students, mature students or anyone looking to improve their grades!
Whilst there is no pre-requisite required in order to study a L3 qualification in the UK, it is still recommended that you have studied the subject at L2 (GCSE level), as this will generally contain underpinning knowledge.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Julian G asked:
I do not have any History qualifications and I want to do the A level course, can I take the A level course directly or would I need to do GCSE first?
Whilst there is no pre-requisite required in order to study a L3 qualification in the UK, it is still recommended that you have studied the subject at L2 (GCSE level), as this will generally contain underpinning knowledge.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If I started this month could I complete it to take the exams next year may/june
Hi, If you can get through the recommended study time of 360 hours for our A-Level courses and would feel comfortable enough to take your examinations in this diet then this shouldn't be a problem.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can you pay the fee in installments, an can can you start anytime?
Hi, On the Reed website you will be unable to pay for this course in monthly instalments and yes you can start the courses at anytime.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.