Our Online A-Level Geography course aims to develop your understanding of geographical concepts and processes. Though studying this course you will learn about the interactions that take place within and between societies, economies, cultures and environments. You will learn about the importance of sustainability and learn about the effect of your own and other lives on the world.
Our Online A-Level Geography Course enables students to:
- Develop and apply their understanding of geographical concepts and processes to understand and interpret our changing world
- Develop their awareness of the complexity of interactions within and between societies, economies, cultures and environments at scales from local to global
- Develop as global citizens who recognise the challenges of sustainability and the implications for their own and others’ lives
- improve as critical and reflective learners aware of the importance of attitudes and values, including their own
- Become adept in the use and application of skills and new technologies through their geographical studies both in and outside the classroom
- Be inspired by the world around them, and gain enjoyment and satisfaction from their geographical studies and understand their relevance.
- Exam Guide - download
Physical and Human Geography
- The study of core geographical concepts along with contrasting themes of contemporary or environmental impact, management and sustainability.
- A geographical skills paper based on the content of Unit 1.
- Skills include: investigative, cartographic, graphical, ICT and statistical skills.
Contemporary Geographical Issues
- An issues-based approach to contemporary geographical themes.
A Geography Field Work Investigation
- This unit gives candidates the opportunity to extend an area of the subject content into a more detailed fieldwork study.
- Candidates analyse and evaluate their fieldwork in response to the questions set. In addition, candidates will be assessed on fieldwork skills.
B Geographical Issue Evaluation
- This unit gives candidates the opportunity to use their skills of analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- An advance information booklet is pre-released 2 months prior to the exam to facilitate candidates' research into an area which extends from the specification content.
As you progress through the Online A-Level Geography Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
Who is this course for?
Our A-Level Courses are perfect for homeschooling students, mature students or anyone looking to improve their grades!
Whilst there is no pre-requisite required in order to study a L3 qualification in the UK, it is still recommended that you have studied the subject at L2 (GCSE level), as this will generally contain underpinning knowledge.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Does this course give you the full A level or just the AS level?
Hi Pippa We offer the full A level including the AS.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
do I have to take an exam?
Hi Roberto, It is completely your choice if you would like to sit the final exam to gain your qualification or not.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long will it take to obtain a full A Level? Is it possible to get this within a year?
The great thing about CloudLearn is that you dictate, how long it takes to complete. The full A-Level is 360 hours of study, so at 40 hours per week – that would be 9 weeks, 20 hours a week = 18 weeks, 10 hours per week = 9 months. It’s totally down to you and your commitment to study.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.