Add to basket or enquire
Our Online A-Level Biology Course aims to develop your understanding of how science contributes to the success of society.
You will learn about different areas of biology and how they relate to each other. You will also gain skills, knowledge and understanding of how science works which will prepare you for further study.
Our Online A-Level Biology Course enables students to:
- Develop their interest in and enthusiasm for the subject, including developing an interest in further study and careers in the subject
- Appreciate how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society
- Develop and demonstrate a deeper appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of How Science Works
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of the subject and how they relate to each other.
- Exam Guide - download
- Monomers and Polymers
- Nucleic Acids
- Inorganic Ions
- Structure of Eukaryotic Cells
- All Cells Arise From Other Cells
- Transport Across Cell Membranes
- Cell Recognition and the Immune System
Organisms Exchange Substances With Their Environment
- Surface Area to Volume Ratio
- Gas Exchange
- Digestion and Absorption
- Mass Transport
Genetic Information, Variation and Relationships Between Organisms
- DNA, Genes and Chromosomes
- DNA and Protein Synthesis
- Genetic Diversity Can Arise as a Result of Mutation or During Meiosis
- Genetic Diversity and Adaptation
- Species and Taxonomy
- Biodiversity Within a Community
- Investigating Diversity
Energy Transfer In and Between Organisms
- Energy and Ecosystems
- Nutrient Cycles
Organisms Respond To Changes In Their Internal and External Environments
- Stimuli, Both Internal and External, are Detected and Lead to a Response
- Nervous Coordination
- Skeletal Muscles are Stimulated to Contract by Nerves and Act as Effectors
- Homeostasis is the Maintenance of a Stable Internal Environment
Genetics, Populations, Evolution and Ecosystems
- Evolution May Lead to Speciation
- Populations in Ecosystems
The Control Of Gene Expression
- DNA Alteration
- Gene Expression is Controlled by a Number of Features
- Using Genome Projects
- Gene Technologies
Who is this course for?
Our A-Level Courses are perfect for homeschooling students, mature students or anyone looking to improve their grades!
Whilst there is no pre-requisite required in order to study a L3 qualification in the UK, it is still recommended that you have studied the subject at L2 (GCSE level), as this will generally contain underpinning knowledge.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Where are the exams centres located in South West Wales?
Hi, Yes there are exam centres available in Wales.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How much is the exam and is their a place in Cambridge where I can take the exam?
Exam fees vary from center to center but I would say £80 and upwards per exam. I would advise you to call a few centers in your area to find the best price, there is thousands of centers in the UK.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What about practicals
You can do the new science A-levels without doing practical work, but this means your certificate won't have the "practical endorsement" on it. However, most universities will still require this endorsement if you wish to study a science subject at university. If you do wish to have the practical endorsement, there are routes, but they may be expensive.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.