Practice by definition means exercise repeatedly of performance or activity or skill, and in an office setting there are performances and activities that should be done to maintain organization and productivity as well as security. In any organization communication is very important and a good office practice is to exercise a good communication system that everyone can relate to.
At the end of this course, students shall learn how to:
(1) be familiar with a modern office;
(2) understand the communication system;
(3) be familiar with interpersonal communications;
(4) develop phone skills;
(5) write letters and other documents;
(6) be familiar with computer applications;
(7) be aware of office organization and procedure and
(8) be familiar with health and safety in the office.
To achieve these goals, this course shall make use of interactive materials to present the concepts of the topics to be discussed. Assessments shall be done after the entire course to check for knowledge retention and understanding.
There are now a varied means of communication because of technological advancements. With the use of technology there are also many other office equipment now being used in a modern office setting so it is best to train each office associate how to use and best care for them.
- Unit 1 – Modern Office
- Unit 2 – Communication System
- Unit 3 – Interpersonal Communications
- Unit 4 – Phone Skills
- Unit 5 – Writing Letters and Other Documents
- Unit 6 – Computer Applications
- Unit 7 – Office Organization And Procedure
- Unit 8 – Health And Safety In The Office
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded an IOLEN Certificate of Achievement from IOLEN Accreditation. This should help validate their learning experience and skill, and can be used as a resume builder.
This course is divided into several modules and is delivered online through our interactive learning management system. Students are given access to the learning portal where they can access the course 24/7. This gives them complete control over the pace of their learning while also enabling them to study from home, in their offices or from a laptop while traveling.
Normative or minimum period of study to complete this is 50 hours. Take note that this is only an estimate. The duration of completing the course still depends on the learner’s pace and ability to absorb information. Additionally, as the course is delivered online, learners have the options to divide and study the course in multiple sessions or go through it one go.
Learners will be given full access to this course for 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, learners are given the flexibility to complete the course at anytime.
- Allow you to keep up to date on the aspects of your career
- Give you an insight into your chosen career path
- Fill in the gaps of any knowledge you may not have
- Enhance your resume
- Show you are a committed learner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.