Office Admin, Secretarial and PA Training
70% or MORE OFF ON THIS COURSE
If you are interested in gaining a position as a highly paid Office Administrator, Secretary or Personal Assistant, then this training qualification from Global Edulink, one of the UK’s leading providers of vocational training courses, could be perfect for you.
The course will help you to develop and enhance your administrative, secretarial and personal assistant skills and prove to employers and recruiters in all business sectors that you can fulfil all of the functions and duties associated with these positions, to the highest standard.
If you are an aspiring Office Administrator, Personal Assistant or Secretary, or if you are currently working in one of these roles, but need to improve your skills and demonstrate evidence of professional training, then this course can help.
The course is made up of four Units. Unit One offers a number of tutorials that will help you to develop your ability as a Secretary and Personal Assistant. The tutorials in Unit Two are designed to help you build your Administration skills, while Unit Three focuses on personal and professional skills, and in Unit Four, you will work on your computer literacy.
Our online programme is designed to recreate the feel of classroom learning and is made up of a range of professionally-narrated e-Learning modules, tests, exams and interactive quizzes, all delivered through a system to which you will have access on a twenty-four-hour basis, every day of the year. The course is backed up with online support and your study materials will include step-by-step guide tutorials that will help you to build your confidence, study effectively and earn your qualification.
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
Course Curriculum : Office Admin, Secretarial and PA Training
1. BUSINESS REPORTS AND LETTER WRITING
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Exercise Files: Business Report Writing
2. E-MAILS WRITING TIPS
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
3. TYPING SPEED DEVELOPMENT
- Effective Typing
4. TIPS FOR SPEED READING
- Tips for Speed Reading
5. MICROSOFT WORD
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Word 2016
6. MICROSOFT EXCEL
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Excel 2016
7. MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering Speech
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Exercise Files: Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
8. MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
9. MICROSOFT ACCESS
- Introduction to MS Access
- Creating Tables & Setting up Properties
- Creating Forms & Reports
- Working with Macros, Integrating Access with Office Suite
- Database Management
- Exercise Files- Microsoft Access 2016
10. DIARY MANAGEMENT
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
11. HANDLING CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
- Handling Confidential Documents
12. SUCCESSFUL MEETING MINUTES
- Taking Minutes
13. NOTE TAKING
- Note Taking
14. DOCUMENT PROOFREADING
- Document Proofreading
15. APPOINTMENT BOOKING AND ARRANGING INTERVIEWS
- Appointment Booking and Arrange an Interview
16. DELIVERING POSTAL MAIL
- Delivering Postal Mail
18. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TELEPHONE HANDLING SKILLS
- Customer Service Basics Over the Phone
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Developing Inbound & Outbound Telephone Skills
- Hot Telephone Tips
19. ORGANISING A MEETING
- Organising a Meeting
- Exercise Files: Organising Meeting
20. DATA MANAGEMENT, RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Data Management & Record Keeping
21. EVENT PLANNING
- Event Planning Essentials
22. ARRANGE BUSINESS TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
- Arranging Business Travel and Accommodation
- Introduction to Accounting
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
24. QUICKBOOKS FOR PAYROLL MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Setting up the Employee Payroll
- Running the Payroll
- Exercise Files: QuickBooks for Payroll Management
25. INVOICING/PETTY CASH
- Invoicing and Petty cash
26. SUPERVISING AND MONITORING THE OFFICE WORKS
- Supervising and monitoring the office works
27. TIME MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Time Management
- Fundamentals of Productivity
- How to Use Your Calendar Effectively
- Setting up Priorities and Schedule
- Timer Budgeting
- Exercise Files: Time Management
28. MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES
- Motivating Employees
29. CREATING AN EFFECTIVE CV AND COVER LETTER
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
- Exercise Files: Creating an Effective CV
30. JOB FUNCTIONS AND DESCRIPTION OF OFFICE ADMIN & MANAGER
- Job functions and Description of Office Administrator and Manager
Method of Assessment:
Upon conclusion of the course, you will take an online multiple-choice assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course. The test is marked automatically and you will receive your results instantly, so there won’t be an anxious wait to find out if you have passed!
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Office Admin, Secretarial and PA Training by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who prefer to go at their own pace, seeking trainer support when required. It is suitable for all levels from beginners to those who are already employed as an Office Administrator, Secretary or Personal Assistant, but who want to earn a formal qualification to help them to develop their career. The course will help you to gain knowledge and to widen your skill base in each of these three job roles.
There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds. As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
Following successful completion of the course, you could apply to become an Officer Administrator, Secretary or Personal Assistant, and go on to develop a career as an Office Manager or Personal Assistant for a company director or senior manager.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Alexa Matts asked:
Are you allowed to retake the exam in case you don’t pass? And if so, will there be an additional charge?
Yes, Kindly note that you can retake the exam and there will be an additional charge applied for the second sitting.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I need to pay you
Kindly note that to study this course you are required to purchase the course from the reed.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is the exam online too?
Yes, Kindly note that upon conclusion of the course, you will take an online multiple-choice assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course. The test is marked automatically and you will receive your results instantly, so there won’t be an anxious wait to find out if you have passed!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Are you goin to release a certificate at the end of the course?
Kindly note that Successful candidates will earn an E- “Certificate in Office Admin, Secretarial and Personal Assistant Training”.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is the exam at the end of the course the exam that you would gain the qualification from, or is there an additional exam to take after?
Kindly note that Upon conclusion of the course, you will take an online multiple-choice assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course. The test is marked automatically and you will receive your results instantly, so there won’t be an anxious wait to find out if you have passed!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can I learn it on an iPad????
Yes, Kindly note that you are required to download the google chrome if you are using AN iPad.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I have to be a UK resident to be able to take this course? I am EU citizen.
Kindly note that any person from any nationality can study this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Ibrahim Diallo asked:
Do you provide materials where you cannot access the internet
Kindly note that this is an online course that includes well-designed video tutorials, reading and study materials and online study platform. You also have the flexibility of downloading text based materials.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you need to have previous work experience to take this course?
There is no working experience required for this courseThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.