Office Admin and Reception Training
Stand the chance to get a free Diploma in Office Administration and HR - Level 4 course when you enroll with us!!!
At Global Edulink, we have developed this course to assist you to update your skills and to improve your ICT, administrative and secretarial skills so that you:
– feel more confident in carrying out your job;
– carry out your duties as efficiently and effectively as possible;
– are highly employable (if you are looking for work) or promotable (if you are currently employed but wish to progress up the career ladder).
Crucially, this course will help you to update your standard of computer literacy, which is vital in today’s workplace. You will not need to enrol on separate ICT courses as this curriculum already covers the use of Microsoft Office, data entry and producing administrative documents on a computer.
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
The course is delivered through 25 hours’ of tutorials, spread over two units:
Unit 1: Developing your receptionist and administration skills;
Unit 2: Developing your administrative and ICT skills.
The course is delivered online and is available for you to access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, making it easy for you to fit it around your busy schedule. You will listen to professionally-narrated tutorials and engage in interactive quizzes and tests. At the end of the course you will be confident in preparing business documentation, letters, memos and professional emails.
Rather than simply provide you with a qualification to put on your CV, we will also help you to draft an effective CV and show you how to write a covering letter and personal statement that will give you the best chance of being selected for interview when applying for a new job or promotion. We also provide advice on how to prepare for job interviews.
Course Curriculum : Office Admin and Reception Training
1. DIARY MANAGEMENT
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
2. BUSINESS REPORTS AND LETTER WRITING
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Exercise Files: Business Report Writing
3. E-MAILS WRITING TIPS
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
4. HANDLING CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
- Handling Confidential Documents
5. SUCCESSFUL MEETING MINUTES
- Taking Minutes
6. NOTE TAKING
- Note Taking
- Exercise Files: Note Taking
7. DATA MANAGEMENT, RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Data Management & Record Keeping
8. APPOINTMENT BOOKING AND ARRANGING INTERVIEWS
- Appointment Booking and Arrange an Interview
9. DELIVERING POSTAL MAIL
- Delivering Postal Mail
11. TIPS FOR SPEED READING
- Tips for Speed Reading
12. CREATING AN EFFECTIVE CV AND COVER LETTER
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
- Exercise Files: Creating an Effective CV
13. TYPING SPEED DEVELOPMENT
- Effective Typing
14. MICROSOFT WORD
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Word 2016
15. MICROSOFT EXCEL
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Function
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Excel 2016
16. MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering Speech
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Exercise Files: Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
17. MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
18. RECEPTIONIST AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- The 90: 90 Principle to create a powerful first impression
- Hot Telephone Tips
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
At the end of your 25 hours, you will be given an online, multiple-choice assessment, which is marked instantly and automatically so that you do not have to wait to find out whether you have passed or not. Successful completion of the test will earn you a Certificate in Office Administration and Reception.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
The Office Administration and Reception Training course is an intensive course aimed at students who want to update their existing skills with a view to returning to work in the business and administration sector. Leading to a recognised Certificate, this course is ideal for anyone who:
– Would like to work as a Receptionist, Office Administrator or Administrative Assistant;
– Holds a new or temporary position and wishes to learn or develop up-to-date, best practice administration skills;
– Has experience in this field of work and wishes to further develop their existing knowledge of IT and administration skills.
As a distance learning course, it is ideal for anybody who needs to fit their study around work or family commitments or for whom travelling to an education centre would be difficult.
You must be at least 17 years old to undertake this qualification and have a basic understanding of English Language, Literacy, Numeracy and ICT. However, you do not need to have any previous experience or qualifications to enrol.
Successful completion of this course can ultimately create opportunities for more senior employment for you, as an Office Manager, Team Supervisor or Personal Assistant. You might also choose to go on to specialise as a Medical or Legal Secretary.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How can i apply for this course
Kindly Purchase the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
is this course for people who are already in the industry or who want a career change with no work experience?
Kindly note that this qualification can be used for both purposes as this course will help you to update your standard of computer literacy, which is vital in today’s workplace. You will not need to enrol on separate ICT courses as this curriculum already covers the use of Microsoft Office, data entry and producing administrative documents on a computer.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.