Add to basket or enquire
Those working as receptionist or in administration or role will often be promoted once they have sufficient experience, so it’s a good way to get your foot in the door of your chosen industry. Our receptionist and office admin training provide a course which will give you practical knowledge and training in the fundamentals of administration and reception. Understand the role itself, and learn all of the skills needed. You will be trained in word processing, spread sheets, PowerPoint and other relevant software. As well as this, you’ll understand the relevant office and admin tasks and will be able to deliver excellent customer service.
Our Office Admin and Reception Skills offer you the opportunity to study 24/7 wherever you are in the world. These intensive on line courses are opened to anyone with an interest in the topic and give you access to world-class learning led by 1Training International.
- Free E-certificate (No additional cost for E-certificates)
Why should I choose 1Training?
- No Hidden Fees
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- Accredited qualification
- Excellent quality video tutorials
- Get one year's access to the course
- Get support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join our friendly online learning platform
- Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. So, you can access your course on Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
Learn for less with 1Training discount courses online! You’ll love 1Training’s excellent quality, competitive prices, and first class learner support. With this excellent discount course you can expect professional qualification, which will enable you to enhance your CV in no time, and for less!
What skills am I going to get from this course?
The course provides the the opportunity to gain recognised skills in:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Diary management, record keeping and filing
- Business, report and e-mail writing
- Handling confidential documents
- Taking notes, dictating, and proofreading
- Arranging interviews, bookings, and travel
- Delivering mail
- Speed reading and speed typing
- Creating an effective CV and cover letter
- Receptionist, customer service skills, and telephone skills
Learners will have 365 days access to their chosen course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. If you need to extend your course access duration, it can be done at any time by extending your subscription.
1. Diary management
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
2. Business reports and letter writing
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
3. E-mails writing tips
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
4. Handling confidential documents
5. Successful meeting minutes
6. Note taking
7. Data management, record keeping and filing
8. Appointment booking and arranging interviews
9. Delivering postal mail
11. Tips for speed reading
12. Creating an effective cv and cover letter
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
13. Typing speed development
14. Microsoft word
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
15. Microsoft excel
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
16. Microsoft powerpoint
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering Speech
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
17. Microsoft outlook
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
18. Receptionist and customer service skills
- The 90: 90 Principle to create a powerful first impression
- Hot Telephone Tips
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
How will I be assessed?
- At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple-choice question assessment test. This online multiple-choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
- Upon successful completion of this course, all learners will be awarded a FREE e-certificate (PDF format), and can also pay only £19 to receive a printed version of the certificate if they wish.
What Certification am I going to receive?
Those who successfully pass this course will be awarded an Office Admin and Reception Skills Certificate. Anyone eligible for certification will receive a FREE e-certificate with NO additional cost.
Who is this course for?
- Job hunters & School leavers
- College or University student & graduates
- This course is ideally suited to anyone hoping to gain employment in an office based role, you don’t have to have experience
- You must be 16 or over
- You should have a basic understanding of English, Maths and ICT
- You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection (or access to one)
With this qualification, there are various roles open to you, including:
- Veterinary Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
- Legal Secretary
- Office Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Personal Assistant
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I have been made redundant, I have noticed a lot of jobs for a receptionist, will this course help me improve my job prospects?thanks.
Yes, Kindly note that Those working as a receptionist or in administration or role will often be promoted once they have sufficient experience, so it’s a good way to get your foot in the door of your chosen industry. Our receptionist and office admin training provide a course which will give you practical knowledge and training in the fundamentals of administration and reception.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have purchased the course. How do log in as I haven't received anything?
Dear Marina Thank you very much for your query. Apologies for the inconvinience caused. The logins have been sent to you immediately once you have purchased the course, However we will resend the logins and the link. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Sharon Thornton asked:
How many times can the exam be taken?
Dear Sharon Thank you very much for your query. The exam can be retaken upon a subscription. However since the study material are well organized there is very less chance to get failed at the 1st attempt. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.