For those already in a health and safety management role and wish to progress, the City and Guilds NVQ Level 5 Diploma is the premier choice of qualification, and an ideal fast track to Chartered Status of IOSH (CMIOSH). Assessed during everyday on-the-job performance rather than examinations, this course is designed to recognise candidates’ competence and confidence in their current roles.
Aims and Objectives
This course aims to assess and equip candidates who are currently in a health and safety management role to achieve chartered status with IOSH (CMIOSH) and to be able to develop a professional health and safety culture within an organisation.
Thanks to its flexible learning style, the time taken to complete this course is entirely up to you. The course can be started at any time and studied at a pace that suits your needs.
All candidates must complete the Self-Assessment and Personal Action Plan before proceeding with this application. In addition, they are expected to have a reasonable level of authority and autonomy in their roles and to have access to management support within their organisation.
City and Guilds are unable to accept registration from candidates aged under 19 years.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for learners who are currently in a health and safety management role, who wish to progress and achieve chartered status with IOSH (CMIOSH).
To achieve the Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, candidates must gain all of the following mandatory units:
- 402 - Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- 510 - Promote a positive health and safety
- 511- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- 512 - Control health and safety risks
- 513 - Develop, implement and review proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- 514 - Develop, implement and review reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- 515 - Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- 516 - Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- 517 - Develop and implement a health and safety audit
- 518 - Behavioural safety in the workplace
- 519 - Influence improvements in health and safety practice
- 520 - Develop, implement and review the organisations health and safety strategy
- 521 - Contribute to health and safety legal actions
- 522 - Manage contractors to ensure compliance with health and safety
- 523 - Develop and implement the health and safety induction process
- 610 - Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- The mandatory unit for Graduate Membership recognition and Chartered Membership route: 611 IOSH Mandatory Unit - Professional development and ethics in health and safety management.
This course is designed for those who wish to carve a career in health and safety – for example, as a health and safety adviser, manager or consultant. The qualification meets the academic requirements for Graduate Membership (Grad IOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). With further experience and initial professional development (IPD), Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) status can then be attained.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.