The NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is designed for learners in a health and safety role within their organisation who are looking to gain recognition and develop their skills in the field. It features a uniquely flexible learning style and is primarily work-based, so it can be started and completed at a time that suits you.
Aims and Objectives
This course offers a solid grounding in the world of health and safety management, with a focus on helping learners to identify, monitor and control their workplace hazards.
Thanks to its flexible learning style, the time taken to complete this course is entirely up to you. The course can be started at any time and studied at a pace that suits your needs.
All candidates must complete the Self-Assessment and Personal Action Plan before proceeding with this application. In addition, they are expected to have a reasonable level of authority and autonomy in their roles and to have access to management support within their organisation.
City and Guilds are unable to accept registrations from candidates aged under 19 years.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for anyone with health and safety responsibilities in their organisation who wish to develop and gain recognition for their skills.
As this course is work-based, candidates are expected to record evidence of their own proficiency and develop these into a portfolio.
Candidates will be expected to show ability and competence in the following skill areas:
- Ensuring responsibility for actions to reduce health and safety
- Developing and Monitoring procedures to safely control work operations
- Promoting a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- Conducting health and safety risk assessments of their workplace
- Investigating and evaluating health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace
- Ensuring that actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment
- Reviewing health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Supervising the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace
This course is an ideal starting point for those looking to begin their career in occupational health and safety management and wanting to gain certification.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.