Nutrition and Wellbeing
- Certificate of completion available to purchase separately
Demystify the complex and conflicting messages we hear about nutrition, health and lifestyle today, with this free online course.
Gain skills to evaluate nutrition information and apply to your own diet
This course will help you understand the scientific basis of human nutrition, and current nutrition concepts and controversies.
Each week we look at a different theme:
• The makings of a ‘healthy diet’: Which components of your diet can promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of diseases?
• Why do we eat what we eat? What are the ‘drivers’ that influence our food choices?
• Food and disease: Can you really eat your way to health?
• Nutrition fads, myths and the plain truth: Are our genes to be blamed for our current nutritional habits?
What will you achieve?
Describe components of a healthy diet
Identify principles of healthy eating
Apply principles learned to assess their own dietary intake
Develop an understanding of good examples of evidence based research
Calculate their own Body Mass Index (BMI)
Explore the influences on food choice and eating behaviors
Identify current nutrition controversies
Discuss their own views on food and eating
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in food and wellbeing, and assumes no prior knowledge.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.