Add to basket or enquire
Bring your skills and competence to the Medical Industry and start making a difference in people’s lives, by taking this Nurse Prescribing Diploma. The Healthcare system needs dedicated and proficient Individuals more than ever, and we can help coach you to become a valuable asset to any community. A Nurse Prescriber is trained to prescribe any medicine for any medical condition and can make a significant difference to the life quality of many patients. Our interactive modules will coach you in all the aspects that you’ll need to know to succeed in this role and become respected for your diagnosing talents and medicine management.
This Nurse Prescribing Diploma course starts with a comprehensive overview of Prescribing requirements in UK Healthcare, before delivering an intensive tutorial on diagnosing illnesses, ailments, and life-affecting conditions. You’ll be taught how to manage a Pharmacological area or practise efficiently and how to communicate with adults and children to provide the right medications. We’ll also cover your career prospects and the future of the role in the ever-changing Healthcare industry.
N.B. This course is designed to provide introductory knowledge to those wishing to enter the UK Healthcare system. Please note that this course, in no way, will train you to be a specialised Nurse Prescriber. This course is ideal for those who want to gain some basic knowledge in order to start their career in nursing or the UK healthcare system. But, the virtual training provided via this online course is not sufficient to be a Nurse Prescriber.
Highlights of The Nursing & Prescribing Course:
- Demonstrate an understanding of nurse prescribing practices in the UK
- Have a solid understanding of the responsibilities of a prescriber
- Learn the procedure for reporting adverse drug reactions
- Know how to administer prescription-only medicines to patients
- Understand product labels and what information is required on prescriptions
- Discover what type of prescription forms can be dispensed under the NHS
- Be familiar with the rules of record-keeping and your professional duty of care
- Gain basic knowledge of pharmacological management
- Broaden your understanding of depression and panic anxiety disorder
- Have an awareness of the challenges of the role and patient safety
Why People Enrol this Nursing & Prescribing Course From One Education:
- Receive an IAO & CPD-accredited certificate upon successful completion of the Nursing & Prescribing course
- Learning materials of our Nursing & Prescribing course comprises of engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Nursing & Prescribing course content for a full year
- Complete the Nursing & Prescribing course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 1:
Introduction to Nurse Prescribing
- Necessary Skills of Prescribing
- Nurse Prescribing Across Various UK Regions
- British National Formula (BNF)
- Nurse Prescribing Across the World
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 2:
Legal and Ethical Aspects of Prescribing
- Legal Issues with Non-Medical Prescribing
- Legislation Covering Supply of Medicines
- Controlled drugs (CDs)
- Prescription Writing Rules
- Clinical Negligence
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 3:
- Medicines Nomenclature
- Numeracy and Medicine Management
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Adverse Drug Reactions
- Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Drug Interactions
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 4:
Anxiety Disorders in Adults
- Aetiology and Clinical Manifestations
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 5:
Liver Diseases: Diagnosis & Prescribing
- Acute Liver Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Viral Infection
- Immune Disorders
- Portal Hypertension
- Sexual Characteristics
- Investigation of liver disease
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 6:
Common Problems: Pharmacological Management
- Acute Diarrhoea and Constipation
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Chronic Heavy Drinking
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 7:
- Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia
- Choice of Antibiotic
- Antibiotic Prescribing Strategies
- Antibiotics for Adults Aged 18 Years and Over
- Efficacy, Safety and Choice of Antibiotics
- Acute Sinusitis
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 8:
Cardiac Problems and Prescribing
- The Cardiac Output
- Heart Failure
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 9:
Neurological Problems and Prescribing
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Prescribing principles and pharmacokinetics
- Tri-cyclic and Antidepressants
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 10:
- Medication Routes
- Medication in Practice
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 11:
Prescribing in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Drugs as Teratogens
- Critical Periods in Human Fetal Development
- Maternal Pharmacokinetic Changes
- Drug Dosing in Pregnancy
- Drugs in Lactation
- Assessing the Risk to the Infant
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 12:
Prescribing for Older People
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 13:
- Distinction in Childhood
- Altered Pharmacokinetics
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 14:
Common Medicines in Use
- Oral Contraception
- Antiplatelet Drugs
- Topical Agents and Emollients
- Topical Steroids
Nursing & Prescribing - Module 15:
Challenges and Future of Nurse Prescribing
- Internal Factors
- Conflict Between Positions
- Scopes and Protocols for the independent prescriber
- Who can Prescribe Medicine?
- Patient Safety
- The Future of Prescribing
... and many more!
Once you have finished the Nursing & Prescribing course, you will be eligible to apply for a CPD & IAO-accredited certificate as proof of your new skills and your continued professional development. Certificates are available as a PDF for £9, or you can request a hard copy to be sent in the post for £15.
There are no formal entry requirements for the Nursing & Prescribing course, with enrollment open to anyone! Anyone and everyone with a knack for learning can enrol this course without any hesitation.
Learn online from any internet device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone. Study when it suits you and complete the Nursing & Prescribing course at your own pace.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
This Nursing & Prescribing Course will help you gain all the necessary theoretical knowledge to excel in the relevant field. Enrol on our course now and get started on the journey of taking your career to the next level.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What are the other hidden costs? If I take up this course for £10, what other charges am I going to have to pay.
Dear Laura, Thank you for your question. There are no other charges for the course. After completing the course, certificates are available as a PDF for £9, or you can request a hard copy to be sent in the post for £15. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what qualifications are required before i take the course
Dear Joanne, Thank you for your question. There is no specific requirement to enrol into this course. All you need to have is general IT literacy and aged above 16 years old. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Wale Yusuf asked:
I'm 64 years old, can I still go in for the course?
Dear Wale, Thank you for showing your interest. Yes, you can take this course. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.