This nurse training course is a comprehensive guide on how to become a nurse and what to expect once you have achieved your dream job. It will provide you with the best tips for establishing a career in nursing and empower you with the ideas, techniques and inspirational tools to achieve your goals.
- 96 lectures, containing 10 hours of video content plus supporting PDFs
- Numerous NCLEX style quizzes preparing you for nursing school exams
- Tips for aspiring nurses on how to achieve your dream job and what to expect when you qualify
- In depth teachings of the diseases and illnesses that nurses deal with most frequently
Enrol on this course and gain the best tips for your career in nursing, learn how to pass nursing exams and be fully prepared and know what to expect when you become a nurse.
Caroline Porter Thomas has helped thousands of students achieve nursing school success and develop into fully qualified, skilled nurses. Her mission is to make sure that you do the same! Caroline will introduce you to some of the most frequent diseases and illnesses that nurses deal with such as, ALS, Alzheimer’s disease, Renal Failure, Diabetes, Heart Failure, Tuberculosis, Sepsis and much more!
Why and How to Become a Nurse
- How to become a nurse
- Do I HAVE to get my Bachelor's in nursing?
- Am I too Old to become a nurse
- Tips for High School Students that want to become nurses
- Which job will help you as a nurse
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - ALS
- Handout - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Handout - Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Congestive Heart Failure Overview
- Congestive Heart Failure Systolic Heart Dysfunction
- Handout - CHF Overview
- Handout - CHF Systolic
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Handout - Aortic Aneurysm
- How to examine EKG
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Handout - Diabetes
- Thyroid Disorders
- Handout - Thyroid Disorders
Fluid and Electrolytes
- Handout - Fluid Electrolyte Imbalances
- Acute Renal Failure
- Handout - Acute Renal Failure
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Handout - Chronic Renal Failure
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Bells Palsy
- Handout - Bells Palsy
- Increased Intracranial Pressure
- Handout - IntraCranial Pressure
- Handout - Schizophrenia
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Handout - Myasthenia Gravis
- Do not let the Maths Scare You!
- Cardizem Drips
- Heparin Drip and Heparin Titration
- ACE Inhibitors
- Handout - ACE Inhibitor
- Handout - Spironolactone Aldactone
- Angiotensin Receptors Blockers
- Handout - Angiotensin Receptor Blocker
- Beta Blockers
- Handout - Beta Blockers
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Handout - Calcium Channel Blockers
- Handout - Coumadin Warfarin
- Handout - Dilantin Phenytoin
- Handout - Lasix
- Bipolar Medication - Lithium
- Handout - Lithium
- Handout - Ticlid
- Blood Glucose Checks
- Central Line Dressing Change
- Removal of Central Line
- Accessing a Port a Cath
- Deaccessing a Port a Cath
- How to Remove Surgical Staples
- How to Remove Surgical Sutures
- How to use an IV Pump
- Nasogastric Tube Insertion
- Needle Sizes and Gauges
- PPD - Purified Protein Derivative
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Handout - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Handout - Pneumonia
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Handout - Pulmonary Embolism
- Handout - Tuberculosis
- Catching Sepsis
- Handout - Catching Sepsis
- Septic Shock
- Handout - Septic Shock
- Nursing Medical Abbreviations
- Tools to help with Major Lab Values
- Ten Tips for Loving Your Nursing Job
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 6
- Part 7
- Part 8
- Part 9
- Part 10
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
- Nursing students seeking advice for exam preparation and their career path after nursing school
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in nursing
- Nurses that want detailed explanations of diseases and illnesses and how best to treat them
This course has no prerequisites
Become a Nurse
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
After the completion of the course, can the certificate be used to continue in to nursing or what?
Hi Gracee This course will prepare you to take your Nursing qualificationsThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long do you have to complete?
Hi Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in OfCourse! All of our courses are delivered online via video lectures, handouts and interactive assessments and can be viewed on any device. You would also have unlimited lifetime access to the content, so you can go at your own pace and refer back to the course when needed. You can also ask questions and start discussions in the forum, with both the teacher and fellow students. Hope this helps!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What are the requirements, for this course.
Hi Vivian, Many thanks for your message. You will need an internet connection to complete this course as all the content is Online. You have unlimited access to the course so you can study in your own time and at your own pace. There are no prerequisites for this course. Hope this helps, TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the age limit to train as a nurse? Is 57 too old?
Hi Carmel There is no upper age limit to train to be a nurse!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Namitala Asher Praise asked:
Are courses accessible while am in Uganda?
Hello Namitala, Thank you for your message. Our courses are accessable wherever you have a stable internet connection and a device with video streaming capabilites. :) Hope that helps! Team OfCourseThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Namitala Asher Praise asked:
Where do I find my qualification paper? Will final exams require me to travel or online still?? And do we online students get different quali-paper?TX
Hi Namitala, Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in OfCourse! All of our courses are delivered online via video lectures, handouts and interactive assessments and can be viewed on any device. You would also have unlimited lifetime access to the content, so you can go at your own pace and refer back to the course when needed. You can also ask questions and start discussions in the forum, with both the teacher and fellow students. Hope this helps! TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Namitala Asher Praise asked:
Do I sit final exams online still? Or finals require me to travel and where do I pick my qualification paper?
Hello Namitala, Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us. The course exam is online, in the form of a multiple choice assessment. You will receive your grade instantly upon completion. You will receive a digital certificate signed by the course instructor and stating your score upon completing the course. We also offer high-quality hardcopy certificates at a fee, delivered internationally. Hope that helps! Kind Regards, TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
It says this is only £19.99. Do i have to pay this monthly or is it just one time payment?
This is a one time payment.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I want to become a renal nurse.I dont hold any quals other than NVQ level 3 in Advice & Guidance. Will this course help me get into nursing.
Hi Wahida Yes this course is a good introduction to nurse training.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
salimatou jaiteh asked:
what are the qualifications needed for the nursing course?
Hi Salimatou, Thanks for getting in touch and your interest in OfCourse! Our courses do not come with prerequisites, unless mentioned on the course page itself. Therefore they are suitable for beginners or more advanced learners. Hope this helps! TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.