Add to basket or enquire
The Nursing Assistant+Nurse Prescribing Diploma is a wonderful learning opportunity for anyone who has a passion for this topic and is interested in enjoying a long career in the relevant industry. It’s also for anyone who is already working in this field and looking to brush up their knowledge and boost their career with a recognised certification.
This Nursing Assistant+Nurse Prescribing Diploma consists of several modules that take around 18 hours to complete. The course is accompanied by instructional videos, helpful illustrations, how-to instructions and advice.
The course is offered online at a very affordable price. That gives you the ability to study at your own pace in the comfort of your home. You can access the modules from anywhere and from any device.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
***Nursing Assistant+Nurse Prescribing Diploma***
Module 1: Introduction to Nursing
- The History of Nursing
- What is a Nursing Assistant
Module 2: Working in Different Healthcare Settings
- Working in different types of healthcare settings
- Working in acute care settings (hospitals)
Module 3: Legal, Standards and Professional Aspects of Ethical Practice: Part - 1
- Doctor-Patient Confidentiality or Implementation of PLRC
- Access to Patient Records Legislations
Module 4: Legal, Standards and Professional Aspects of Ethical Practice: Part - 2
- Mental Capacity and Mental Health Legislation
- Drugs Control, Supervision, Management and Health Protection Legislations
Module 5: Effective Communication in Nursing
- Need for communication in Nursing
- Communication in the context of Caregiving
Module 6: Health and Safety in Nursing
- Understanding Potential Hazards in Healthcare Environments
- Fire Safety
Module 7: Hygiene in Nursing
- AM and PM care
Module 8: Infection Control
- What is Infection?
- The Chain of Infection
Module 9: Asepsis in Nursing
- What is Asepsis?
- Principles of Asepsis
Module 10: Medication Administration in Nursing
- Who can Administer which Drugs and Under what Circumstances
- Preparation of Medication for Administration
Module 11: Understanding the Immune System in Nursing
- The Immune System
- The Role of the Immune System
Module 12: Rest and Sleep Management in Nursing
- Physical and Emotional Benefits of Rest and Sleep
- Normal Sleep
Module 13: Mobility and Immobility Issues of Patients in Nursing
- What is Mobility?
- Hazards of Immobility
Module 14: Pain Management for Nurses
- What is Pain?
- An Overview of the Pain System
Module 15: Nutrition in Nursing
- Essential nutrients
- The role of the nurse in nutritional support
Module 16: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Body Fluids
- Fluid and Electrolyte Transport
Module 17: Assisting with Elimination
- Responsibilities of the Nursing Assistant
- Elimination Equipment
Module 18: Oxygenation in Nursing
- Oxygen Treatment
Module 1-Introduction to Nurse Prescribing
- Introduction to Nurse Prescribing
Module 2-Responsibilities of Nurse Prescribing
- Responsibilities of Nurse Prescribing
Module 3-Standards for Prescribing Practice
- Standards for Prescribing Practice
Module 4-Prescribing Controlled Drugs
- Prescribing Controlled Drugs
Module 5-Neuropathic Pain in Adults Pharmacological Management
- Neuropathic Pain in Adults Pharmacological Management
Module 6-Generalised Anxiety Disorder in Adults
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder in Adults
Module 7-Tackling Panic Disorder in Adults
- Tackling Panic Disorder in Adults
Module 8-Headaches in Over 12s Diagnosis and Management
- Headaches in Over 12s Diagnosis and Management
Module 9-Depression in Adults with a Chronic Physical Health Problem
- Depression in Adults with a Chronic Physical Health Problem
Module 10-Palliative Care for Adults
- Palliative Care for Adults
Module 11-Respiratory Tract Infections (Self-Limiting) Prescribing Antibiotics
- Respiratory Tract Infections (Self-Limiting) Prescribing Antibiotics
Module 12-Prescribing and Managing Medicines in Care Homes
- Prescribing and Managing Medicines in Care Homes
Module 13-Pneumonia (Hospital – Acquired) Antimicrobial Prescribing
- Pneumonia (Hospital – Acquired) Antimicrobial Prescribing
Module 14-Prostatitis (Acute) Antimicrobial Prescribing
- Prostatitis (Acute) Antimicrobial Prescribing
Module 15-Sinusitis (Acute) Antimicrobial Prescribing
- Sinusitis (Acute) Antimicrobial Prescribing
Module 16-Drug Misuse in Over 16s Opioid Detoxification
- Drug Misuse in Over 16s Opioid Detoxification
Module 17-Future Challenges for Nurse Prescribers
- Future Challenges for Nurse Prescribers
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99.
Who is this course for?
Whether you're an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Nursing Assistant+Nurse Prescribing Diploma course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a professional qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Nursing Assistant+Nurse Prescribing Diploma is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.