Nursing Assistant Diploma – CPD Accredited - best selling Nursing Assistant Diploma
Nursing assistants enjoy exciting and rewarding careers in the field of healthcare and are valued members of the medical team. They form a crucial part of the healthcare system in the UK and facilitate effective delivery of healthcare in different institutions such as hospitals, clinics, hospices, eldercare homes and private homes.
Nurses provide invaluable services including ambulatory, hygiene and adjunct care among other duties. They report to the nurse and are responsible for a wide range of tasks.
This course is designed to provide information on different aspects of becoming a nurse.
What you will learn
- The roles and responsibilities of a nursing assistant as well as the science and art of care giving.
- How to provide meals and how to feed patents who require assistance.
- About safety procedures while handling patients as well as infection control procedures that help minimise the outbreak of disease.
- How to record the vital signs and how to report the information to the supervising nurse.
- How to provide care for patients with specific needs including patients with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- How to handle emergency situations.
- As a nursing assistant, you will also become familiar with recognition, management and reporting of pain in patients and promoting adequate sleep and rest.
- About communication and relationship-building skills that will help you offer exceptional services to patients and their families.
- Lastly, the course will provide tips on preparing a CV and attending interviews as well suggest ways to look for suitable job opportunities.
Benefits of taking the course
- The ability to study anywhere at times that suit you
- Study at your own pace, with no deadlines: complete it as quickly or as slowly as you like
- Use any internet enabled device to study on, including computers, tablets and mobile phones
- Follow the course easily thanks to interesting, informative modules, which make studying fun
- A convenient online support system, helping you to stay on track throughout the course
- A comprehensive curriculum, providing you with the knowledge you need to work in the healthcare sector
- Earn a certified, recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
Module 1 : Introduction, Roles, Responsibilities and Duties of a Nursing Assistant
- Introduction to the job role
- Description of the duties and responsibilities of a nursing assistant
- Members of a healthcare team and their functions
- Personal qualities and attributes that help you to become a better nursing assistant
Module 2 : Nursing Care and Principles and Dress Code
- Duties that lie outside the scope of responsibilities
- Understand what patients, family and care givers can expect from nursing care
- Understand the qualities that help you to develop as a nursing assistant
- Identify and understand nursing values and principles that lead to the delivery of exceptional nursing services
Module 3 : Working in Different Healthcare Settings
- Working in different types of healthcare settings
- Working in acute care settings (hospitals) and sub-acute settings
- Working in home care and long term care
- Patient rights and ethical nursing behaviour
Module 4 : Patient Confidentiality, Recognising Different Forms of Abusive Behaviour and Understanding Patient Needs
- How nursing assistants can maintain patient confidentiality
- The five principles that govern the code of ethics for healthcare workers
- Recognising and identifying abusive behaviours
- Understanding human needs
Module 5 : Developing Cultural Sensitivity and Communication Skills
- The importance of cross cultural sensitivity and competencies
- How to develop cultural skills, knowledge and awareness
- Communication skills and how to build relationships with patients
- Body Language cues and communication tips
Module 6 : Infection Control, Cleanliness and Hygiene (Part I)
- Understanding how infections can spread from one person to another
- The role of microbes and pathogens and the chain of infection spread
- Taking measures to help control the transfer of infection from one person to another
- How to apply standard precautions
Module 7 : Infection Control, Cleanliness and Hygiene (Part II)
- How to keep surfaces and equipment clean
- Handling and disposal of sharps and safe medical waste disposal
- Cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation of equipment
- Patient isolation precautions
Module 8 : Good Body Mechanics: How to Lift, Push and Pull
- Understanding the use of the correct lifting techniques and injury prevention
- Body mechanics that protect you when you reposition patients
- How to move a patient in bed and from the bed to a wheelchair
- How to push a patient in a wheelchair safely and wheelchair etiquette
Module 9 : Understanding Risk Factors and Preventing Injuries and Accidents
- Understanding the risk factors associated with different health conditions
- How to prevent accidental injuries and mishaps for patients under your care
- Accidents, complications and risk factors associated with restraints and bedrails
- Strategies and recommendations for caring for patients under restraint
Module 10 : How to Maintain a Comfortable Environment and Bed-Making in Healthcare Settings
- How to use a bedpan effectively for patients under your care
- The importance of maintaining a comfortable environment for patients
- Temperature control, cleanliness and noise reduction
- How to adjust beds and the precautions required to prevent the patient from falling and sliding off the bed
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
With experience you could train new healthcare assistants.
With training, you could become an assistant practitioner in chiropody or podiatry, occupational therapy, radiography or physiotherapy.
You could also apply to train as a nurse, radiographer, dietitian, midwife or social worker.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, Does this course have assessements? If so how will we be assessed? will the assessment also based online? what type of assessment is it?Thanks.
Hi Lily, There will be assignments and worksheets to complete throughout the course modules, and a final test at the end of the last module. The exam will consist of around 30 multiple-choice questions and will allow 30 minutes to complete. You will need 70% or more correct answers to pass the Diploma. You can then download and print your certificate for free from your account, or we can print and send one for you for a small fee.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.