The Teachers Training
Add to basket or enquire
Learn the skills and knowledge you need to help young children through the first years of their educational journey with the Nursery Nurse course from Teachers Training. This CPD-accredited Nursery Nurse Training course is designed to provide you with the solid foundation of knowledge you need to go on and become a fully qualified Nursery Nurse or Nursery Teacher.
Enrolling on the Nursery Nurse course will allow you to acquire the in-demand skills that are highly sought after by employers to provide children with the learning support they need until they start primary school. Learn everything you need to effectively care for small children and play a vital role in their development process. The Nursery Nurse Training is accredited by CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students as proof of your new qualification.
The Nursery Nurse course has been designed by our team of teaching experts to give you a solid introduction to the role of a nursery nurse in just five hours. Discover how to observe and assess young children in the early years setting of a nursery, and understand how to safeguard young children with the Nursery Nurse course. Complete the Nursery Nurse course and learn how to keep young children safe and work with children who have special needs. The Nursery Nurse Training is CPD accredited, ensuring a quality learning experience and guaranteeing you a professional achievement.
Skills You Will Gain
After completing the Nursery Nurse course, you will learn the following skills:
- Working with young children
- Safeguarding skills
- Curriculum development
- Health and safety skills
- Working with children with special needs
- Communication skills
Why Study Nursery Nurse with Teachers Training:
Here are just some of the reasons why our students enrol on the Nursery Nurse course:
- Access the Nursery Nurse Course through our dedicated online learning platform
- 24/7 access to tutor support
- The Nursery Nurse course is packed with interactive course content
- Affordable prices and high-quality training
- The Nursery Nurse course is accredited by the UK’s top awarding bodies
- Complete the Nursery Nurse course 100% online, from any internet-enabled device
- Flexible course deadlines with full access to the Nursery Nurse course for one year
Every course we design at Teachers Training has been expertly crafted to give students the skills and knowledge they need to join the teaching profession. Our courses are packed with comprehensive modules to ensure every course is a quality learning experience for our learners.
Our learners are always our top priority, and the Nursery Nurse Course has been specifically designed to provide learners with the highest level of knowledge and skills possible.
After successfully completing the Nursery Nurse Course, students will receive a recognised qualification that will help enhance your CV and give you the extra boost you need to stand out from the crowd in the competitive job market. Learn everything you need on the Nursery Nurse Course to advance in your chosen career and get the job you want!
Enrol now and enjoy the expertly-made Nursery Nurse Course from Teachers Training.
Module 01 – Introduction to Nursery Nurse
- Nursery Nurse: An Overview of the Profession
- Professional Practice
- The Values and Principles of Working with Children
Module 02 – Understanding the Growth and Development of Children
- Growth and Development
- Principles of Development
- Stages of Development
- Physical Development
Module 03 - Observation and Assessment of Children in the Early Years Setting
- Introduction to Observation and Assessment
- The Role of Observation and Assessment in the Early Years Settings
- Limits of Professional Role and Competence
- Sharing of Information
- Rules and Procedures of Work Settings’
Module 04 – Curriculum and Developing Early Learning
- The Early Childhood Curriculum Frameworks in UK Countries
- “Curriculum” in Early Learning
- Planning for Children’s Learning
- Creating a Rich Learning Environment
- The Structure of the Day and Physical Care Routines
- Key Learning Experiences
- Finding Out and Understanding
- Creating and Imagining
Module 05 – Promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusive Practice in Early Years of Learning
- Definition of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Discrimination
- Stereotypes and Prejudice
- Legislation Relating to Equality and Discrimination
- The Equality Act 2010
- The Children and Families Act 2014
- The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Code of Practice 2014
- The Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000
- The Effects of Prejudice and Discrimination
- The Restricting Effect of Stereotypes
- Stereotyping, Prejudice and Discrimination in Children’s Development
- Developing Cultural Identities
- Promoting Equality through Anti-Discriminatory and Anti-Bias Practice
Module 06 - Safeguarding, Protection and Welfare of Young Children
- Physical Abuse and Injury
- Physical Neglect
- Educational Neglect
- Emotional Neglect
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Failure to Thrive
- Organised Abuse
- Signs of Neglect
- Helping Children to Protect Themselves
Module 07 - Health and Safety of Children in the Early Years
- Daily Personal Hygiene
- The High Five of Personal Hygiene
- The Importance of Personal Hygiene
- Ill Health in Children
- Signs to Look For
- Responding to Ill Health
- When to Call an Ambulance
- Accident and Hazards
- Hazards in the Home
- Preventing Accidents
- Guidance for Health and Safety
- Toy Safety
- Cleaning Materials
- Taking Children Out
- Keeping Children Safe in the Street
- Safety Equipments and Features
- Safety Features
- Fire Safety
- What to Do in a Fire?
Module 08 – Nutrition and Healthy Food for Children
- Main Food Groups
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Starchy Foods
- Meat, Fish, Eggs and Beans
- Milk and Dairy Foods
- Foods and Drinks High in Fat and Sugar
- Why Food from Each Group is Important
- Making Up a Balanced Diet
- Main Meal
- Tea Time
- Why a Balanced Diet is Important
- Healthy Meals for Children
- Encouraging Children to Eat Healthy
- Food Allergies to Look For
Module 09 – Play and Learning in Children’s Education
- What is Play?
- Play as Recreation
- Burning of Excess Energy Through Play
- Play as a Rehearsal for Later Life
- Play as Therapy
- Play as Learning
- Why is Play Seen as Important?
- Play and Imagination
- Creativity in Learning
- Creativity and the Sciences
- Creativity and Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Supporting Creativity
Module 10 – Working with Children Having Special Needs
- The Concept of Special Needs
- Provision and Support for Children With Disabilities
- SEN in Early Years Settings
- Approaches to Support Disability and Special Educational Need
Module 11 - Working in Partnership with Parents and Carers
- Understanding the Concept of ‘Family’
- Developing a Partnership with Parents
- Extending the Partnership with Parents
- Additional Services May Offer to Parents
- Challenges When Working with Parents
- Wrapping It Up
After completing all the modules in the Nursery Nurse Course, students will be required to sit a multiple-choice assessment to test your knowledge. The assessment will be delivered through our online learning platform, with immediate results available upon completion.
CPD Certification from The Teachers Training:
After successfully completing the multiple-choice assessment for the Nursery Nurse Training, students will qualify for a CPD-accredited certificate from Teachers Training to showcase your new achievement.
- Free PDF certificates are available for instant download as soon as students have successfully completed the assessment
- Hard copy certificates can be ordered and sent via post for only £8.99
Add an amazing new skill to your CV and give yourself a competitive advantage when applying for jobs!
Who is this course for?
This Nursery Nurse course is ideal for anyone who wants to:
- Learn more about a career as a Nursery Nurse
- Make a career change and explore new career opportunities
- Gain a formal, accredited qualification to improve their career opportunities
- Develop the skills and knowledge needed to work in teaching
The Nursery Nurse Course has no formal entry requirements. However, we do ask that all students:
- Have a passion for learning
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Be motivated and hard-working
- Are over the age of 16
Enrol on the Nursery Nurse course today and discover the essential skills and knowledge needed to work with children in an early years setting. Opportunities in this field include:
- Nursery Nurse
- Nursery Teacher
- SEN Teacher
- Primary Teacher
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How can I purchase this course
Dear Juliet, Please go to the course page and click on the 'Add to basket' button and then click on the 'Review basket and checkout' button in order to purchase the course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, Other than the initial start up fee of £10 and the extra certification fees after the course is completed, are there any other hidden payments?
Dear Charlotte, the course price is only £10. The PDF certificate is completely free and instantly downloadable after completing the assessment. There is no hidden fee. Many thanks. Have an amazing day.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Lauren Thornton asked:
The curriculum of Nursery Nurse looks great. Does this Nursery Nurse course cover all the topics???
Hi Lauren. The course curriculum covers all the topics mentioned in the course description. Thank you and have a nice day.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.