Add to basket or enquire
Location & dates
This course is aimed towards Registered Nurses who may have a responsibility to verify that death has taken place. The workshop will address key definitions, criteria for inclusion and exclusion of when to or when not to verify expected death. It will outline the steps required to verify death and the requirement for appropriate documentation. The course will also summarise the competency requirements to undertake this skill and how to evidence competency within the work place.
- Understand some of the key background information of verification of death
- Define the term expected death
- Appreciate the differences between verification and certification
- Know the legal issues, documentation and record keeping requirements
- Discuss the correct procedure for detecting the absence of vital signs
- Recognise the needs of patients and carers in the management of expected death.
Who is this course for?
Members who work within the Health & Social Care Industry
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.