Add to basket or enquire
Do you want to provide care independently and excel in medicine management with profound knowledge and confidence? Learn the legal and ethical aspects of prescribing and medicine management now. This is the ultimate Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 course for you to enhance knowledge in this field which will provide you with a solid foundation to become competent in this field.
This Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 course will help you with expert care to meet the patients need, the idea of the right medicine with the right dose, know the requirements for medicines storage well and master in record-keeping at the same time.
Not only that, this Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management – 2021 course includes up-to-date knowledge and techniques that will ensure you have the most in-demand skills to rise to the top of the industry. This Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management – 2021 qualification is fully accredited, broken down into several manageable modules, ideal for aspiring professionals.
Learning Benefits of Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management – 2021 Course:
After successful completion of Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 course, you will
- Gain the necessary skills of prescribing
- Learn about nurse prescribing across the world
- Learn about the legal and ethical aspects of prescribing, the legal issues with non-medical prescribing
- Learn about the legislation covering the supply of medicines
- Learn about the prescription writing rules
- Learn accountability, clinical negligence and ethical aspects
- Learn medicine management in detail
- Understand the clinical pharmacokinetics
- Learn about the routes of administration
- Learn about various anxiety disorder, acute and chronic liver disease
- Learn in detail about viral infection, immune disorders, jaundice, portal hypertension and some other common diseases
- Understand common problems and their pharmacological management
- Learn about anti-microbial prescribing, cardiac problems and prescribing
- Learn about neurological problems and prescribing
- Learn palliative cares, how to prescribe in pregnancy and lactation
- Learn how to prescribe for older people and the children
- Learn about the common medicines in use, and the challenges and future of nurse prescribing, and more.
Why choose Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 Course?
- 100% online program
- No time limits. learn at your own pace.
- Expert Instructors/Professional Trainers
- A multinational student base
- Video lessons
- Further reading where necessary
- Up-to-date curriculum and effective guidelines.
- CPD Accredited Certification.
- Instant Digital Certificate (Hardcopy available on-demand)
**Remember that the Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021course will not authorise you to join the HCPC register or to be a recognised art therapist, instead this Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021course will help you and provide you with assistance to understand the basic guidelines of Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management to flourish and enhance your skills and knowledge in the relatable sector.**
****Course Curriculum ****
***Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021***
Module 1: Introduction to Nurse Prescribing
- What is Prescribing?
- Necessary Skills of Prescribing
- Prescribing in Modern Medicine
- Nurse prescribing in the UK
- Nurse Prescribing Across Various UK Regions
- British National Formula (BNF)
- Nurse Prescribing Across the World
Module 2: Legal and Ethical Aspects of Prescribing
- Law Relating to Prescribing
- Legal Issues with Non-Medical Prescribing
- Legislation Covering Supply of Medicines
- Controlled drugs (CDs)
- Medicine Supply
- Prescription Writing Rules
- Clinical Negligence
- Ethical Aspects
Module 3: Medicine Management
- Medicines Nomenclature
- Numeracy and Medicine Management
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Routes of Administration
- Adverse Drug Reactions
- Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Drug Interactions
- Drug- Food Interaction
- Drug- Herb Interaction
Module 4: Anxiety Disorders in Adults
- Aetiology and Clinical Manifestations
- Psychological Interventions
Module 5: Liver Diseases: Diagnosis & Prescribing
- Acute Liver Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Causes of Liver Disease
- Viral Infection
- Immune Disorders
- Portal Hypertension
- Sexual Characteristics
- Investigation of liver disease
- Medicinal Treatment
- Clotting Abnormalities
Module 6: Common Problems: Pharmacological Management
- Acute Diarrhoea and Constipation
- Chronic Bowel Disease
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Respiratory Conditions
- Fighting Infections
- Chronic Heavy Drinking
Module 7: Anti-Microbial Prescribing
- Pneumonia (Hospital – Acquired)
- Managing Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia
- Choice of Antibiotic
- Antibiotic Prescribing Strategies
- Acute Prostatis
- Antibiotics for Adults Aged 18 Years and Over
- Efficacy, Safety and Choice of Antibiotics
Module 8: Cardiac Problems and Prescribing
- The Cardiac Output
- Factors Cardiac Output Depending on
- Heart Failure
- Types of Heart Failure
- Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
Module 9: Neurological Problems and Prescribing
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Prescribing Principles
- Commonly Used Drugs
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Prescribing principles and pharmacokinetics
- Tri-cyclic and Antidepressants
Module 10: Palliative Cares
- Medication Routes
Module 11: Prescribing in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Drugs in Pregnancy
- Drugs as Teratogens
- Critical Periods in Human Fetal Development
- Pharmacological Effect
- Maternal Pharmacokinetic Changes
- Drug Dosing in Pregnancy
- Drug Selection in Pregnancy
- Drugs in Lactation
- Assessing the Risk to the Infant
- Reducing Risk to the Infant
Module 12: Prescribing for Older People
- Drugs to be Used with Caution
- Points to Consider while Prescribing Older People
- Regular Medication Review
- Simplify Regimens
Module 13: Prescribing Children’s
- Distinction in Childhood
- Altered Pharmacokinetics
- Professional Responsibilities
- An Approach to Prescribe Children and Young People
Module 14: Common Medicines in Use
Module 15: Challenges and Future of Nurse Prescribing
- Internal Factors
- External Factors
- Conflict Between Positions
- Barriers to Prescribing
- Who can Prescribe Medicine?
- Some Scopes, Key Areas and Protocols
- Relationship with Medical Profession
- Patient Safety
- The Future of Prescribing
After completing all the modules of the Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 course, your learning will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice based exam. You may choose to participate in a Mock Exam before attending the Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 course completion Final Exam with no extra cost.
Now you can get the Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 Course Completion Certificate from Skill Up at a 50% reduced price. The PDF version is for only £4.5 (Previously £9) and the Hard Copy is for only £7.5 (Previously £15), while both versions will cost you £12 (Previously £24) only.
Who is this course for?
Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021
Existing professionals or newbies who work in this field can amplify their skills & knowledge of this topic with our internationally recognised Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 training, and it could make all the difference in escalating your career graph.
We know what Modern Online Learners are looking for – flexibility and accessibility. All of our courses are crafted and designed with those two words in mind. Grab a smart device or log in to your desktop to access our premium course contents. Don’t worry, our expert tutors and student assistants will be there round the clock.
If you desire to learn and climb the ladder of success with your learning, we won’t ask for any specific prior education or experience. Enrol now in Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 and start your learning journey.
What are the Requirements of the Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management - 2021 Course?
- No formal qualifications required, anyone from any academic background can take this Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management – 2021 course.
- Access to any internet-enabled smart device.
You will learn all of the fundamental skills needed to prescribe in this Nurse Prescribing & Medicine Management – 2021 and you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of fields, including:
- Healthcare professionals,
- Pharmacists etc.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Does this course enable nurses to legally prescribe and be called a nurse prescriber?
Hello Wendy, This is a theoretical course which will enhance your knowledge. To be able to prescribe, you must be registered with the appropriate professional body (i.e. NMC/HCPC/GPhC).This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.