Add to basket or enquire
Uplatz offers comprehensive training on NoSQL. This is instructor-led online course.
With the advent of Big Data and agile development methodologies, NoSQL databases have gained a lot of relevance. Their main advantage is the ability to handle effectively scalability and flexibility issues for modern applications.
- Use the Cloudant NoSQL database as an example to learn how to create and replicate databases, load and query data, and other operations.
- If you are struggling with the management of an existing datastore and want to offload administration to a service provider or if you require high availability and disaster recovery redundancy across nodes, data centers, geographies or asynchronous mobile/client access to application data, you may want to consider a NoSQL database offered as a Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS).
- Course Syllabus - NoSQL - download
NoSQL Course Curriculum
- Module 1 - Introducing NoSQL
- Define the term NoSQL and the technology it references.
- Describe NoSQL history in the database landscape.
- Explain concepts and characteristics of NoSQL databases.
- List the primary benefits to adopting a NoSQL database.
- Module 2 - Defining NoSQL Database Types, Options, and Use Cases
- Define the major types of NoSQL Databases.
- Describe the primary use cases of each.
- Differentiate the major architectural differences between the types.
- Module 3 - Choosing a Data Layer for Your Application
- Differentiate local database system, hosted database, and database-as-a-service.
- Examine relevant factors and considerations to determine an appropriate data layer.
- Module 4 - Introducing Cloudant – a NoSQL DBaaS
- List the key benefits of IBM Cloudant, a NoSQL Database-as-a-Service.
- Describe Cloudant’s architecture.
- List the features of Cloudant.
- Explain the problems a Cloudant solution can solve.
- Describe Cloudant’s deployment options.
- Module 5 - Getting Started With IBM Cloudant: A Hands-On Introduction
- Sign up for an IBM Cloudant account.
- View your dashboard.
- Create a database and add data documents.
- Change database permissions.
- Replicate a sample database.
- Query data.
- Work with the HTTP API.
- Access documentation and support resources.
Passion and determination to achieve your goals!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.