Uplatz offers comprehensive training on NoSQL. This is instructor-led online course.
With the advent of Big Data and agile development methodologies, NoSQL databases have gained a lot of relevance. Their main advantage is the ability to handle effectively scalability and flexibility issues for modern applications.
- Use the Cloudant NoSQL database as an example to learn how to create and replicate databases, load and query data, and other operations.
- If you are struggling with the management of an existing datastore and want to offload administration to a service provider or if you require high availability and disaster recovery redundancy across nodes, data centers, geographies or asynchronous mobile/client access to application data, you may want to consider a NoSQL database offered as a Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS).
- Course Syllabus - NoSQL - download
- Module 1 - Introducing NoSQL
- Define the term NoSQL and the technology it references.
- Describe NoSQL history in the database landscape.
- Explain concepts and characteristics of NoSQL databases.
- List the primary benefits to adopting a NoSQL database.
- Module 2 - Defining NoSQL Database Types, Options, and Use Cases
- Define the major types of NoSQL Databases.
- Describe the primary use cases of each.
- Differentiate the major architectural differences between the types.
- Module 3 - Choosing a Data Layer for Your Application
- Differentiate local database system, hosted database, and database-as-a-service.
- Examine relevant factors and considerations to determine an appropriate data layer.
- Module 4 - Introducing Cloudant – a NoSQL DBaaS
- List the key benefits of IBM Cloudant, a NoSQL Database-as-a-Service.
- Describe Cloudant’s architecture.
- List the features of Cloudant.
- Explain the problems a Cloudant solution can solve.
- Describe Cloudant’s deployment options.
- Module 5 - Getting Started With IBM Cloudant: A Hands-On Introduction
- Sign up for an IBM Cloudant account.
- View your dashboard.
- Create a database and add data documents.
- Change database permissions.
- Replicate a sample database.
- Query data.
- Work with the HTTP API.
- Access documentation and support resources.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.