Add to basket or enquire
Noise and Hearing Protection Certificate
One of the most important aspects of health and safety in the workplace is protection from noise hazards. Noise induced hearing loss is described as the most preventable occupational hazard. In the UK, it is estimated that more than one million workers are exposed to noise hazards on a constant basis, thus increasing the risks of permanent hearing loss, reduction in productivity and increased employee absenteeism.
In the course on noise and hearing protection, you have the opportunity to learn about the following topics:-
- The negative impacts of loud noise levels on health and wellbeing and the different types of noise, including variable, impulse, impact and continuous. You will also learn about Britain’s noise control laws and how employers are legally responsible for noise reduction measures in the workplace.
- How employers should consider regular risk assessments that help identify sources and the number of people exposed to noise hazards. You will also learn the industrial sectors that are known for higher noise hazard levels.
- How elimination and isolation of noise hazards helps reduce noise and the important factors such as choosing the right places for machinery, checking for noise emission levels, fixing silencers and grouping together of machinery producing equivalent sounds.
- How the implementation of administrative controls such as planning activities outside of regular shift hours or outsourcing noise-producing activities to areas situated further away help noise reduction
- The different types of hearing protectors, including earmuffs and earplugs that help protect workers from noise hazards at work.
** When purchasing this course you will be eligible to apply for the XO Student Discount Card!! You can save on brands such as New Look, Disney, ASOS, Hotels, Miss Selfridge , Domino’s and many more.**
Important benefits of learning about noise reduction and hearing protection:-
- Employers can ensure compliance with UK’s health and safety laws.
- You have the opportunity to understand how exposure to noise hazards can result in health risks.
- Employers can consider investing in personal protective equipment, such as specialised earmuffs and earplugs that are suitable to the conditions at work
- You can implement engineering controls at planning stage to eliminate noise sources, as opposed to making changes later (which usually proves more expensive and less effective).
Module 01: Understanding Noise and its Harmful Effects on Health
Module 02: Risk Assessment for Noise Hazards and Types of Noise
Module 03: Noise Reduction Procedures – Elimination and Isolation of Noise
Module 04: Administrative Controls and Noise Reduction Strategies
Module 05: Personal Protective Equipment
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.