By taking this course today, you will learn how to take beautiful night photographs - like the pros!
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Follow us as we head out to Joshua Tree National Park to teach this night photography course! In this course we combine entertainment + education in this complete behind-the-scenes course. We're not just sitting behind our computer desk, showing you slides. We're out in the field, showing you exactly what we do to shoot our own night photos.
YOU CAN TAKE BEAUTIFUL NIGHT PHOTOS! That's why you're here right?
We're excited to show you how to take your own amazing night & low-light photos.
With this complete night photography course, you'll learn the ins and outs from the gear we recommend, the settings we use, the composition tips we have, and the photo editing process we use to end up with award-winning night photos.
Key things you will learn in this night photography course:
- What gear you need for night photography
- How to prepare for your photography trip
- Basic camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO
- How to compose beautiful night photos
- Using a shutter release remote to shoot long exposures
- How to shoot light trail photos
- Composing creative night photos of the stars
- How to shoot photographs of the moon
- How to edit night photos to make them look even better
Why learn from us?
We are three instructors who love photography, and love teaching. We're the teachers of the best-selling Photography Masterclass. We always take our student's feedback, and use it to improve our courses. That's why we created this course in the first place - because fellow students wanted us to create a night photography course.
What are the requirements?
- While this course was created for beginner photographers, it would be beneficial for you to understand basic photography concepts such as aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. We have included a refresher lesson that will get you up to speed if you need it.
- This is a great follow up to our Photography Masterclass, which will get you up to speed to dive right into this course.
- You can use any camera to take great night photos. We'll be using Canon, Nikon, Leica, and Fujifilm DSLR and Mirrorless cameras + smartphones like the iPhone
What am I going to get from this course?
- You will learn how to take beautiful night photographs - like the pros!
- You will be happier with the photos you shoot than ever before!
- You will learn how to shoot light trail photos with your camera
- You will know how to use Bulb mode and a shutter release remote to shoot long exposures
- You will know what equipment you need to shoot great night photos
- You will understand how to set your camera's ISO, shutter speed, and aperture (f-stop) while shooting night photographs
- You will learn how to edit night photos to make them look even better
Who is the target audience?
- Beginner photographers - you want to take your skills to the next level
- Intermediate photographer - you want to develop skills in a particular craft
- Anyone who wants to take better photos on at night or in lower light situations
The Night Photography Coursewill cover the following topics:
Section 1 - Welcome And What Is This Course About?
- Welcome To Night Photography
- Our 10 Night Photography Commandments
- Equipment For Night Photography
- DOWNLOAD: “Don’t Forget Me” Night Photography Checklist
- OPTIONAL Refresher: Setting Refresher
- DOWNLOAD: Beginner’s Guide To Photography
Section 2 - Night Photography Demonstration
- Basics Of Night Photography With Will
- Night Photography With Creative Camera Movements
- How To Shoot Light Trails
- Longer Exposures With A Trigger And Night Photos With Foreground Elements
- Photographing The Moon
Section 3 - Editing Night Photos
- Basic Night Photo Editing
- OPTIONAL: Adobe Lightroom Crash Course
- Night Editing Tip 1: Make Stars Pop
- Night Editing Tip 2: Improve Skies With Graduated Filters
- Night Editing Tip 3: Remove Unwanted Airplane Streaks
- Night Editing Tip 4: Use HSL Panel To Improve Skies And Landscapes
- Night Editing Tip 5: Remove Digital Noise And Grain
- Phil Edits His Favorite Night Photo
- Sam Edits His Favorite Night Photo
- Will Edits His Favorite Night Photo
- Will Edits A Light Trail Photo
- Exporting Photos: For Posting Online And For Printing
- CHEAT SHEET: Export Settings
Section 4 - Conclusion
- Thank You And What’s Next?
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who want to take better photos at night or in lower light situations.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.