Keep Britain Working
Add to basket or enquire
In this webinar, run in partnership with the Keep Britain Working campaign, we’ll outline the most common skills that employers across many industries look out for. Then, we’ll advise on how you can promote your transferability to the person considering your application to maximise on the wealth of job opportunities that are going to come available in the coming months.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Analyse a job description to identify the relevant transferable skills required for a role
- Demonstrate your transferable skills in your CV, cover letter and interview
- Complement your transferable skills with hard skills
- Identify new training and reskilling opportunities to expand your learning
Adrian Adair, chief operating officer at Morson Group
Adrian is a major driving force behind establishing the Morson Group as the go-to talent solutions specialist and brings a true passion in helping attract, mould, develop and retain the best talent, whether that’s for the client or to support a candidate’s career journey.
His 20+ years of industry experience enables Adrian to inspire a workforce of more than 1,000 talented people to unify and unite in achieving the Group’s vision of being the unique recruitment agency that organisations want to work with and that the most talented people want to work for.
Terry Naden, associate director at Morson Talent
Boasting c.25 years of recruitment experience, Terry oversees the delivery of the Group’s talent strategies across several of its core sectors, spanning rail, infrastructure, power generation, utilities and more.
Embarking on his career as a senior consultant in 1997, he offers a unique lens into the world of recruitment. Terry has been pivotal in delivering people-centric talent solutions for market disrupters through to global industry leaders, all whilst attracting and retaining the best candidates to ultimately provide life-long career opportunities for people.
Sophie Parsons, Business Manager at Reed in Partnership
Sophie has been working for the past 12 months as business manager in Reed in Partnership, bringing opportunities to long term unemployed and those affected by the pandemic. Before that, she was the Graduate Training Scheme Manager for the Reed Group, selecting, training and mentoring graduates across the business.
Sophie's experience runs deep, with her understanding of soft and transferable skills stemming from both her previous roles.
Make 2021 the year you put your skills to best use in a new sector, with the help of Morson, Reed and the Keep Britain Working campaign.
- 1: Part 1: Introduction to Keep Britain Working, Reed in Partnership & Morson Group 20:02
- 2: Part 2: CV and Interviewing Advice and Success Story #1 19:36
- 3: Part 3: Success Story #2, Recruiter Relationship & the Positives of the Pandemic 21:19
Here's what you'll learn in this webinar:
Part 1 - Introduction to the Keep Britain Working Campaign and to the Partnership with the Morson Group
- Meet the panelists and hear about their backgrounds and experience
- What exactly are transferable skills and how do you learn or develop these?
- Interview yourself; what skills do you know you possess? Learn to give yourself credit!
- Reading between the lines on a job description and looking at the specification holistically
Part 2 - CV and Interviewing Advice and Success Story #1
- Sophie explains how to highlight your transferable skills and how reflecting on who you are when you're at your best can be attractive on a CV
- Adrian talks about how interviewers test transferable skills and the answers they expect
- Moving away from the focus on academia and flipping your CV from experience-based to skills-based
- Morson Group success story!
Part 3 - Success Story #2, The Importance of a Recruiter and How to Come Out the Other Side of the Pandemic
- Sophie's entertainer success story!
- The importance of a building a relationship with a recruiter - "A good recruiter doesn’t just fill a role, they place a candidate.” - Terry, Morson Group
- Hit hard by the pandemic? Strike while the iron is hot and grab the opportunity to flip your CV, upskill and really delve into what it is you want to do
Who is this course for?
This webinar is perfect for anyone who is looking for a new job, possibly in a new sector, and are looking for tips and guidance on how to highlight their transferable skills.
No previous experience or qualifications are needed to take this course.
Reed Courses Certificate of Completion
Digital certificate - £10
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed