Add to basket or enquire
The NED Accelerator Programme by NEDonBoard: Fast-track to non-executive director and board roles and Secure NED roles on strong foundations
- Build the confidence you need to grow your NED and board portfolio
- Learn at your own pace with varied online modules, saving time and money in the process
- Access exclusive content
- Gain an edge in interviews with insights from experienced NEDs, chairs and boardroom practitioners
- Avoid some of the common pitfalls and be well prepared to take on NED and board roles
- Make measurable progress with downloadable materials to use beyond the programme
- Protect your reputation as NED and board member
The NED Accelerator Programme has everything you need to confidently pursue and excel in non-executive director and trustee roles.
- 24 videos and over 5 hours of insightful content delivered by experienced non-executive directors, chairs, trustee, boardroom experts and other subject matter experts
- Proven strategies to help you secure and navigate interviews
- Downloadable summary sheets of learning from each module and to-dos to take your journey forward
- Step-by-step guidance on writing a high-impact NED CV (guided homework)
- NED CV example including examples of value propositions and NED profiles for aspiring and experienced non-executive directors
- Downloadable NED CV template in word format and NED CV examples
- Essentials recommendations to boost your chances of being appointed to a NED role
- Industry-recognised NED programme certificate. Delivered by a CPD accredited provider, a professional body and institute. Course eligible for CPD credits.
- Highly-acclaimed guide “What to Expect of the NED Role”
- Exclusive bonus materials and insightful interviews from high profile NEDs about their personal journey to the boardroom
- List of reading to go further and deepen knowledge on all topics
- Delivery by subject matter experts, boardroom professionals, non-executive directors, trustees, senior independent directors and chairs
- Access to the NEDonBoard community newsletter
What are the course learning objectives?
By completing the NED Accelerator Programme by NEDonBoard, you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Master the difference between the executive and non-executive roles
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the NED role and of what to expect of the NED role
- Recognise the duties and responsibilities of the NED and board member
- Identify the key attributes of an effective NED
- Understand the principles of good corporate governance
- Identify the type of boards you aim at joining and firm up your decision to become a non-executive director
- Identify strategies to secure NED roles
- Communicate your value proposition
- Convert your application for NED roles to interviews
- Effectively prepare for NED interviews
- Be ready for your first appointment and your first board meeting
- Protect yourself and your reputation
What delegates are saying about the NED Accelerator Programme
J. Soper on the programme: “I enjoyed the course thoroughly and have learnt so much. I have started applying for roles and will continue my learning from the material. I will also be recommending the programme to any professionals interested in pursuing a board level career”.
W. Marmion on the NED Accelerator Programme and his appointment as a NED: "The course gave me a good grounding in the role of the NED and case studies. Secondly it gave me access to experienced people together with access to online resources. Lastly it gave me the confidence then to apply for roles".
D. Landsman on Destination BOARD presentation: “Really enjoyed this. It’s the “all the questions I didn’t get round to asking...” type. Definitely added value obviously based on extensive experience. I like the way the presentation covers the broad business dynamics as well as what directly goes on in the Boardroom. It’s also very honest and not at all formulaic, with excellent practical insights as to what NEDs can actually do for a business”.
H. Shaw on the NED CV module: “Really useful to have this template rather than starting with a blank sheet. great to have the examples too. I have been struggling with how to use my executive CV to build an aspiring NED one - this will make it much easier”.
B. Panchal on insights by S. McKenna: “This was very useful and informative, great tips and examples given by Sarah on what to expect and how to position yourself, especially useful for first-timers”.
Dr S. Shaikh on the NED Accelerator Programme: "Great learning experience to complete The NED accelerator Programme by NEDonBoard, professional UK body for non-executive directors. This programme is highly recommended for those seeking places on the boards. I am already making a big impact through my board membership of the non-profit in India NGO Aaroogya.
NED Accelerator Programme
The course curriculum is as follows:
What to Expect of the NED role? The video introduces the NEDonBoard publication called “What to Expect of the NED Role”.
2. Becoming a NED
Why become a NED? The “Why Become a NED” presentation discusses the rationale for individuals to start their NED journey and details the attributes of the effective non-executive director.
Securing your first NED role. The “Securing your first NED role” presentation discusses winning strategies for professionals aspiring to the NED role to secure a first role and build a portfolio.
Introduction into executive biographies, LinkedIn profiles and NED CVs. The presentation is an introduction into the application documents for NED roles.
Writing a high-impact NED CV. The “Writing a high-impact NED CV” presentation provides insights into what a good NED CV looks like. The video is a step by step tutorial on how to write a modern and high-impact NED CV.
Bonus: due diligence. The bonus section is an extract from a NEDonBoard event held in January 2019.
3. Governance Foundations
Board structures. The module is an overview of UK boards, how they are structured, who their members are, what are the key board roles and what responsibilities can be delegated to board committees.
Directors’ duties. This module focuses on the Companies Act 2006 with reference to the seven statutory duties of directors. A description of each duty is stated followed by useful practical explanations and should be watched by all directors.
UK Corporate Governance Code. This module provides insights into the 2018 edition of the UK Corporate Governance Code.
Wates Corporate Governance Principles for Large Private Companies. This module is focused on The Wates Corporate Governance Principles for Large Private Companies.
4. Additional considerations for NEDs
D&O insurance. The module is designed to help you understand liability protections available to you as a board member. This module highlights some key issues for board members and senior managers to consider with respect to Directors’ and Officers’ liability insurance and company indemnities.
Ethics in the boardroom. The ethical standards included in this presentation have evolved from the Nolan Principles, which are adopted by the UK Civil Service.
Effective board reports. In the module, you are delivered a methodology to write effective board reports.
5. Destination BOARD
In this video, Sarah McKenna shares what she has learned about being a non-executive director and provides information and practical tips to help you understand the role of NED better, consider if it is right for you and how to prepare and position yourself to gain a NED role.
6. Public Appointments
Exploring public appointment opportunities. This module presents NED roles in the public sector. There are a wide variety of roles, open to all professionals from the widest background. The presentation explains public appointments, the responsibilities of public appointees and the appointment process, which is specific to the public sector. Some of the recommendations given in the presentation are equally applicable to a NED role in the private or third sectors.
An interview with the Commissioner for Public Appointment. This is an interview with Rt Hon Peter John Robert Riddell CBE.
Insights with a high-profile public appointee.
7. Day-to-day life of a NED
Expert interview. An interview with an experienced NED about her work as a portfolio non-executive director and committee chair.
8. Bonus materials. 5 interviews with non-executive directors, chairs and trustees.
Who is this course for?
The course is for professionals and individuals looking to confidently transition to non-executive director and trustee roles.
If you are aspiring to join a board of directors or a board of trustees, the NED Accelerator Programme gives you the necessary knowledge, skills, tools, and strategies to win interviews and be prepared for such roles.
NEDonBoard has distilled its experience as an institute and professional body to create a comprehensive, essential, completely online Accelerator Programme. The result? Secure non-exec and trustee roles more easily and faster. Be board-ready.
The ideal candidate has the desire to contribute to the sustainable success of an organisation in a non-executive capacity. Non-executive or trustee positions are available to all individuals. While most non-executive directors and trustees have had an executive career prior to transitioning to the boardroom, there is an increased awareness of the benefits of becoming NED and trustee roles at earlier stages of a career.
There are no requirements to enroll into the NED Accelerator Programme.
The course is for professionals and individuals looking to confidently and successfully transition to non-executive director and trustee roles.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.