NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Are you looking for a nationally recognised qualification in Health and Safety?
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (NGC) is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK. It covers the key legal requirements for health and safety in the UK and the identification and control of workplace hazards, providing you with the knowledge and practical skill set to provide a safe working environment.
Online Learning is a flexible solution if you are unable to commit to taking the time off work to attend a classroom course.
Why take the NEBOSH Certificate?
It will provide you with a sound basis for further professional study and is considered a core qualification for general management. You will be confident with the knowledge and practical skill set to provide a safe working environment and the cost, time saving and reputational benefits this brings to organisations.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify common hazards in the workplace and recommend suitable corrective measurements
- Assist in the planning, implementation and regular review of an organisation’s health and safety policy
- Identify sources of health and safety guidance and advice
- Understand the main requirements of HSE legislation, codes of practice and the prosecution process
- Undertake risk assessments and recommend suitable action
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports in line with HSE legislation
Flexible learning to suit you
- Interactive multimedia-rich activities using video, audio, animations, workplace case studies to apply your learning.
- Expert tutor support some of whom are NEBOSH Certificate examiners.
- Additional digital resources centre: HSE guidance, legislation, exam questions.
- Staying on track with progress checks and instant feedback.
- Discussion forums - share ideas with fellow learners and tutors.
- High pass rates with effective exam preparation and revision.
This qualification meets academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH) of IOSH and Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The NEBOSH Certificate is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1: Foundations in Health and Safety
- Element 2: Health and Safety Management Systems 1 – Policy
- Element 3: Health and Safety Management Systems 2 – Organising
- Element 4: Health and Safety Management Systems 3 – Planning
- Element 5: Health and Safety Management Systems 4 - Measuring, Audit and Review
Unit GC2: Controlling workplace risks
- Element 1: Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 2: Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 4: Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 5: Electrical Safety
- Element 6: Fire Safety
- Element 7: Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 8: Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Control
GC3: Health and Safety Practical Application
The aim of this unit is to assess a delegate’s ability to successfully carry out a safety inspection of a workplace and produce a report.
There is a half day exam for both NGC1 and GC2; GC3 is assessed with a 2-hour practical application carried out in the workplace.
Payments for courses made within the EU (only) are subject to UK VAT at the current rate.
Who is this course for?
The NEBOSH Certificate is aimed at those working in health and safety and wants to develop a career in safety management. It is suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff from all functions, not just health and safety.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course or certification.
NEBOSH National Construction Certificate, NEBOSH Fire Certificate, NEBOSH International General Certificate, NEBOSH National Diploma
Managers, supervisors and operational staff from all functions, not just health & safety.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.