Add to basket or enquire
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, eLearning and exam included.
No matter what kind of business you work in, an understanding of good occupational health and safety practice is essential in the workplace. This great-value online course awarded by The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is designed to enable employers and individuals to create a safe work environment. Establishing this is the key to ensuring greater productivity, increased staff retention and even business success.
- Study online, on all your devices, at a time and pace that suits you
- As well as theoretical knowledge, you will develop a career-boosting practical skillset that will empower you to perform better at work and even shape health and safety policy
- Completion of the course awards you the status of Associate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Course content is designed in manageable, easy-to-engage with units that enhance learning and make it easy to fit study around existing commitments
- Self-assessments, quizzes, games and other knowledge checkpoints allow you to prepare for the NEBOSH NGC exam in confidence
- Gaining a NEBOSH General Certificate communicates a professional message that inspires confidence in customers and employees alike
- NEBOSH-certified individuals protect their employers from the risks of prosecution, absence costs, litigation and loss of reputation
Become safe in the knowledge that you’re on the fast track to IOSH associate membership by signing up for the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety today. Our training provider is a NEBOSH Gold Partner.
NEBOSH National General Certificate Learning Outcomes
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
- Ensure their teams undertake their day-to-day activities more safely thanks to the awareness and knowledge gained
NEBOSH National General Certificate Syllabus
- Module 1 – Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Module 2 – How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Module 3 – Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Module 4 – Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Module 5 – Physical and psychological health
- Module 6 – Musculoskeletal health
- Module 7 – Chemical and biological agents
- Module 8 – General workplace issues
- Module 9 – Work equipment
- Module 10 – Fire
- Module 11 - Electricity
Course Access: 6 Months
NEBOSH National General Certificate Exam Details
You'll need to register with e-Careers before you can take your examination. Once registered, we'll send you an Examination Entry Confirmation, which includes your unique learner number and essential examination information and results process. Please make sure you check that all your details are spelt correctly.
Your Examination Entry Confirmation is essential for you to gain entry to the examination room, and photographic identification will need to be shown to the exam invigilator, so please make sure you bring either your driving licences or passport with you, as proof.
Unit NG1: Management of health and safety (Modules 1-4)
- Exam format: Open book examination
- Duration: 4 hours
- Pass mark: 45 (Credit = 65-74, Distinction = 75+)
Unit NG2: Risk assessment (Modules 5-11)
- Exam format: Practical assessment
- Duration: 3 hours
Results for assessments taken in English should be received within 50-working days from your examination or assignment submission date. The specific date will appear on your examination entry confirmation.
The NGC has two unit assessments; you must achieve a ‘pass’ in each unit to be awarded the qualification.
You will have five years to complete your qualification. The five-year period starts from the date you passed your first successful unit (‘declaration date’). Any unit that is five or more years old will not count towards the qualification and you will need to retake this/these unit(s) if you still want to complete the qualification.
Our training provider is a NEBOSH Gold Partner, and our training courses are run in partnership with Ligtas Consultancy & Training Ltd.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who needs an industry recognised health and safety certification.
No official pre-requisites.
People who hold the NEBOSH National General Certificate usually function in roles such as Health & Safety Manager, Health and Safety Officer and Health and Safety Administrator.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.