Add to basket or enquire
The NEBOSH General Certificate Online course allows you to study at your own pace and in your own time without the need to take time off work or stay away from home. The interactive course includes tutorial videos, practical exercises, student forums, tutor support, and practice questions to make sure you are fully prepared for the exam and risk assessment.
Taking the NEBOSH General Certificate will provide you with the key knowledge to provide a safe working environment for you and your colleagues, which in turn promotes efficiency and productivity within the workplace. This will boost your career opportunities, particularly as 90% of health and safety roles specify one or more NEBOSH qualifications are required.
The NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is one of the most widely recognised and requested health and safety qualifications in the world.
Taking the NEBOSH Certificate will provide you with the key skills and knowledge to create a safe working environment for you and your colleagues, which in turn promotes efficiency and productivity within the workplace. This can make you incredibly attractive to employers.
Some of the essential skills the NEBOSH General Certificate will equip you with are:
- Identify and justify the importance of health and safety improvements in the workplace.
- Advice on duties and responsibilities under the health and safety legislation.
- Help organisations manage contractors.
- Work within a health and safety management system.
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour.
- Carry out general risk assessments (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace
- Recognise workplace changes, their impacts and how to minimise these impacts.
- Develop basic safe systems of work, with emergency arrangements.
- Take part in incident investigations.
- Help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
The NEBOSH General Certificate comprises two units, NG1 and NG2. The syllabus is delivered across two split weeks of daily webinars sessions. There are two assessments that you need to pass to achieve the NEBOSH Certificate.
- NG1 assessment method includes an online open-book assessment and a follow-up interview.
- NG2 assessment method includes a 3-hour Practical Risk Assessment with a practical assignment.
Who is this course for?
The NEBOSH General Certificate is a great starting point when it comes to health and safety and doesn't necessarily need to be taken by those already in health and safety roles. In fact, 70% of people who take the course are in roles outside of health and safety!
There are no requirements if you wish to take the NEBOSH General Certificate course. A suitable standard of English is recommended.
You will also require:
- A reliable broadband connection.
- A PC or laptop with a camera and microphone.
- An email account, to access the joining instructions.
The NEBOSH Certificate is a widely recognised qualification and the stepping-stone to a successful career in health and safety. An excellent foundation to develop your skills and apply them to all types of organisations around the world.
Holders of the NEBOSH Certificate are entitled to Associate Membership (AIOSH) Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).