NEBOSH Course Kent – National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
Location & dates
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is a qualification designed to help those with health and safety responsibilities to carry out their duties at work more effectively, and to protect the organisations for which they work.
Around 180,000 people worldwide hold a NEBOSH qualification. It covers a broad range of key health and safety issues and preventative measures, to give managers, supervisors and staff a greater understanding of the subject.
NEBOSH Construction Certificate will also allow you to apply for an academically qualified person CSCS card (white).
Our NEBOSH training courses will provide course members with a sound knowledge of health and safety legislation, in order to enable them to confidently monitor safety performance and procedures within their workplace in Kent and beyond.
- Delegates will also learn how to effectively investigate work-based accidents, and assist in the composition and implementation of safe systems of work and accident prevention programmes.
- The NEBOSH qualification will also enable trainees to identify potential hazards that are often associated with day-to-day workplace activities, giving them the knowledge to assist with ensuring that their place of work is managed safely.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required although it is advisable that candidates do have an understanding of the basic practical aspects of the construction industry. It should also be noted that the practical assessment requires students to undertake an inspection of a construction workplace and to prepare an appropriate report.
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of health and safety (NGC1)
- Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities (NCC1)
- Construction health and safety practical application (NCC2)
Units NGC1 and NCC1 are taught units each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit NCC2 is assessed by a two-hour practical examination carried out at your own workplace to test how you apply what you have learned in a real working environment.
Benefits of SAMS NEBOSH Training
SAMS provides a high level of training from our experienced tutors, so you’re ready to put all your health and safety theory into real-life practice.
- Our trainers assess your needs before personally tailoring the NEBOSH training to suit your business.
- NEBOSH training is provided at our fully-equipped Kent training centre, with lunch and refreshments provided.
- If you’re serious about health and safety, get your NEBOSH National Construction Certificate with SAMS.
Day release: 16 training sessions over 12 weeks + exam day.
Block course: 16 sessions over 2 1/2 consecutive weeks + exam day.
Who is this course for?
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and those with a role under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely.
Suggested progression: re-qualification every 5 years.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.