Add to basket or enquire
This Fire Certificate that has been recently upgraded and is a new publication 2021, has been designed for managers, supervisors and employee representatives to provide an appropriate breadth of underpinning knowledge for non-specialists in fire safety.
It is intended to enable them to discharge their organisational duties regarding workplace safety more effectively. It also aims to equip holders to contribute to the conduct and review of fire risk assessments and preventative and protective measures within most low-risk workplaces, in accordance with International and European best practice conventions.
One Open Book Exam + One Practical Fire Risk Assessment
- Exam: One online exam – remotely via Internet
- Exam Dates: Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec
- NEBOSH Assessment: One Open Book Exam + One Practical Fire Risk Assessment
- Project: Assignment with Tutor Guidance
- Project Dates: Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec
This new Fire Safety course from NEBOSH replaces two older versions into a new unified qualification:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
Due to this recent update from NEBOSH (as of 1st May 2021), the Fire Safety qualification is now suitable for those working anywhere in the world. This includes working within the UK and Internationally.
- Discuss the moral and financial advantages of good fire safety management in the workplace
- Summarise how fire safety is regulated and the roles of national government and international bodies.
- Describe the principles of combustion in relation to fire safety
- Give an overview of the principles and conditions for the ignition of solids, liquids and gases and the controls that can be put in place
- Outline the principles of explosion and explosive combustion and the controls that can be put in place
- Outline the principles for fire protection, detection, and prevention
- Summarise the requirements for the maintenance of escape routes and fire extinguishing equipment, including access for the fire service
- Be aware of the different types of fire extinguishing methods and the need for training on their use
- Understand the behaviours of people during fires and why emergency plans are required
- Understand why fire safety training requirements are needed for all workers
- Explain the principles of the fire risk assessment process and be able to carry out a fire risk assessment of a workplace.
Who is this course for?
Employees required to provide routine day-to-day advice on fire related issues and non-specialists looking to acquire a breadth of knowledge on the subject. It is recommended that prospective students have already achieved a NEBOSH National General Certificate.
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety course is designed for individuals with some Health and Safety responsibilities, including fire prevention, fire risk assessment and risk control.
This course will prepare learners for a fire safety role – To understand fire prevention & recovery, hazards and risk controls
No formal entry requirements exist to enrol on to this NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety. This NEBOSH Certificate is equivalent to an A-Level or UK college level qualification – candidates must be prepared to study at this level.
The only critical requirement to enrol on this course is that the student must have an appropriate understanding of the English language in order to explain the concepts within the course syllabus.
NVQ Level 6 Diploma/NEBOSH Diploma
Did you know?
- SHEilds have been delivering world-class eLearning courses since 2002, giving us plenty of time and experience to improve and hone our systems
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.