South London College
Add to basket or enquire
To our learners
The Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak is one of the most potent threats that is endangering human lives every moment. We are indebted to the healthcare workers battling the disease on the front lines with complete self-sacrifice for our wellbeing.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care is designed for people who aspire to, or want to gain employment as adult care workers or caregivers in the health and social care industry. It is the perfect choice of course that will equip you with the relevant skills and knowledge to have a career in Adult Care. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of what it takes to work in the adult care industry, and the role pertaining to it. It is a highly rewarding career on many levels.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care will discuss key topics, including how to oversee the physical and emotional needs of patients, meeting the health and social care responsibilities of the people in your care, and safeguarding their welfare. As an adult care worker, you will learn what role and responsibilities you have to take on to ensure that the people in your care lead lives of dignity.
If you want to help people and support them as they live out their lives, you will find working in adult care to bring you joy. This career is satisfying, as well as a good way to make a high income. This industry is growing, and qualified adult care workers are in high demand.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
You will be Eligible for 14 days immediate access to an Accredited Course from South London College.
- Check the suitability of the course compared to your requirement.
- Free 14 day temporary access to Study materials and more.
- You can upgrade temporary access to fully paid access at the end of or before 14 days.
- Complete your qualification and upgrade your skills to advance your career
- No Commitment. No Credit Card required for the 14 Days access.
- Qualification type: NCFE CACHE Professional Qualification
- Qualification title: NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level: Level 3
- Minimum entry age: 16
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):399
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):580
- Qualification number (QN):603/2618/9
- Availability: UK and Wales
Course Curriculum : NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Promote Communication in Care Settings [H/615/7145]
- Promote Effective Handling of Information in Care Settings [K/615/7146]
- Promote Personal Development in Care Settings [M/615/7147]
- Promote Person-centred Approaches in Care Settings [M/615/7150]
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Care Settings [T/615/7151]
- Promote Health, Safety and Wellbeing in Care Settings [A/615/7152]
- Responsibilities of a Care Worker [R/615/7142]
- Duty of Care in Care Settings [F/615/7153]
- Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings [D/615/7144]
- The Principles of Infection Prevention and Control [J/615/7154]
- Causes and Spread of Infection [L/615/7155]
- Cleaning, Decontamination and Waste Management [R/615/7156]
- Move and Position Individuals in Accordance with their Care Plan [T/615/7229]
- Support Positive Risk Taking for Individuals [M/615/7262]
- Support Individuals to Maintain Personal Hygiene [K/615/7177]
- Support Individuals to Access and Use Services and Facilities [A/615/7202]
- Support Individuals with Specific Communication Needs [L/615/7320]
- Support Use of Medication in Social Care Settings
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
Method of Assessment
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care is a 580 TQT, 58-credit and 399-guided-learning-hour (GLH) qualification that consists of 9 mandatory units (28 credits) and few optional units (30 credits) to achieve a total of 58 credits.
To pass this course, the learner must regularly submit assignments. The purpose of the assessment is to ensure that effective learning has taken place to give learners the opportunity to:
- Meet the standard determined by the assessment criteria
- Achieve the learning outcomes
All units within these qualifications are internally assessed. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes. Learners can take 12 – 18months to complete this course.
Those who successfully complete the course will be awarded the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care Certificate. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a National Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at individuals who want careers as Senior Healthcare Workers, Support Workers, Community-Based Senior Care Assistants and Care Workers working with people with dementia and disabilities.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the programme, you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment, along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving license.
Once you successfully completed the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care, you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted.
- Senior Healthcare Assistant - £17,557 per annum
- Residential Support Worker - £17,916 per annum
- Care Worker - £17,746 per annum
- Healthcare Assistant - £16,300 per annum
- Caregiver - £18,100 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is it open to international students
Dear Williams Thank you very much for your query. Yes it is. You can access it anywhere any time. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Felicia Laurie asked:
As a care assistant, will this course help me gain access into nursing?
Dear Felicia Laurie Thank you very much for your query. Once you successfully completed the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care, you will gain an accredited qualification that will give your career the jumpstart you have always wanted. Senior Healthcare Assistant - £17,557 per annum Residential Support Worker - £17,916 per annum Care Worker - £17,746 per annum Healthcare Assistant - £16,300 per annum Caregiver - £18,100 per annum Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.