Add to basket or enquire
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare & Education
The Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education Childcare is designed for aspiring individuals and those already employed as childcare workers to acquire the skills and knowledge of what it takes to work with children. Childcare is a blooming and booming industry in the current, modern world. With both parents setting out to establish a career for themselves, the childcare industry has seen a dramatic increase in demand in the past few years. Parents look for highly trained and professional childcare workers to look after their children, who can also monitor and improve their educational and developmental aspects. With the number of childcare businesses increasing, it is important to set the bar by ensuring your childcare business is reliable and trustworthy.
The Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education course will methodically guide you on child development from conception to seven years and on how to monitor and assist them at every stage. Childcare and child development impact the overall wellbeing of the child and this concept will be covered throughout the course. You will also be educated on the different approaches that can be used in child education to assist in their development. Once you have successfully passed the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education, you can progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education (601/3999/7) and then onto the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) (601/4000/8).
- Understand about child development and the importance of monitoring it.
- Learn about child development from conception to seven years.
- Learn about the importance of proper childcare and education.
- Understand the impact of proper childcare in child development.
- Learn how to monitor the health and wellbeing of children and why it should be closely monitored
- Gain insight into the approaches which can be used in child education.
Module 01 – Child development from Conception to Seven Years
- Understand development from conception to birth and routine screening programmes in the first year
- Understand stages and sequences of development from birth to seven years.
- Understand theory and educational frameworks which inform knowledge and
understanding of early years practice.
- Understand the role of the early years practitioner when promoting child development from birth to seven years
- Understand how to plan opportunities for children’s learning and development
from birth to five years.
Module 02 – Children's Health and Wellbeing
- Understand children’s needs in relation to emotional wellbeing.
- Understand the needs of children during transition and significant events.
- Understand the physical care needs of children.
- Understand the impact of the early years environment on the health and well-being of children.
- Understand the nutritional needs of children.
- Understand the impact of poor diet on children’s health and well-being.
- Understand children’s need for exercise.
UCAS points have been allocated to this qualification. For a full breakdown of points, please see the UCAS performance points table.
If you need any questions or queries clarified, you can state here. We will ensure a course advisor gets in touch with you as soon as possible.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
To achieve this qualification, learners must complete 2 mandatory units. You will complete assignments and create a portfolio of evidence, which will be assessed by a tutor.
Grading system: A*–D (to pass an assignment you must achieve a grade D or above).
Special Note: Apart from the initial fee, a total additional fee of £228 should be paid.
The Break down of the total additional fee of £228 as follows
1. Awarding body registration fee - £69
- You need to pay this when you are submitting your awarding body registration form only
2. All Official assessments and certification fee - £159
- You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in installments when you are submitting your assessments.
When you enroll in a new program it helps to know that support is at hand and that your tutors are around to help you succeed.
As part of the course, you will receive dedicated tutor support. These academic tutors will also assist you with unlimited online email support to help answer and clarify your questions.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
We provide tutor support for your choice of programme from the start of the course right until completion. We understand that tutor guidance is important for the overall success of the course you are taking, and we offer a dedicated tutor. You will receive unlimited assistance through email, and if you have any questions or queries, they will provide you with the best and most relevant answers.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals within the childcare industry
- Early Childhood Educators
- Childcare Workers
- Childcare Providers
- Anyone interested in learning more on childcare and education
- Learners for this course must be 19 years of age or above and should have a basic understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT.
In order to qualify for the program you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving license.
Upon submission of the documents your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the program your application will not be accepted.
- Early Childhood Educator – £17,360 per year
- Childcare Provider – £6.35 per hour
- Childcare Teacher – $10.51 per hour
- Childcare Worker – £7.40 per hour
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Will CACHE show on the certificate too?
Dear Eunice, Thank you for your query. Yes. Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What do I need to make this course?thank you
Kindly note that Learners for this course must be 19 years of age or above and should have a basic understanding of the English language, numeracy and ICT.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the costs of exam and assessment for the CACHE LEVEL 3 CHILDCARE AND EDUCATION course
Kindly note that £159 is charged for your assessment and certificate. You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in instalments when you are submitting your assessments.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.