Add to basket or enquire
NCFE Cache Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia
The NCFE Cache Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia is designed for individuals aspiring or already employed in the capacity of caring for patients with dementia. If you want to learn more about this condition, you will find this course highly suitable. What is referred to as dementia? It is a group of symptoms that contribute to the decline in one’s memory and thinking skills. These symptoms when severe can hinder the day to day normal activities of a person. Alzheimer’s disease is a type of dementia that is known to affect millions of people around the world. Vascular dementia is another form of dementia that occurs in patients who have experienced a stroke. Dementia can also be a result of vitamin deficiencies and thyroid problems. The early diagnosis of dementia will help a patient benefit from treatment, as it is one type of disease that tends to progress quickly if untreated.
Dementia symptoms in the early stages are hard to recognise, but if you find yourself experiencing any symptom related to this condition, it is advised that you seek immediate treatment. This disease does not have a permanent cure, but the progress of the disease can be stopped to a great extent. In fact, some patients even experience improvement temporarily. If you plan to work with patients with dementia, you will find this course highly comprehensive and instructional providing in-depth information on the condition, and your capacity as a healthcare worker.
The NCFE Cache Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia will discuss key topics such as how to interact with patients with this condition, how to administer medication and how to ensure that patients with dementia lead full and healthy lives.
- Qualification type: Level 3 Award
- Qualification title: NCFE Cache Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Accreditation status: Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH): 86
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 110
- Qualification number (QN): 600/3085/9
Course Curriculum : NCFE Cache Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- The process and experience of dementia [J/601/3538]
- Administration of medication to individuals with dementia [K/601/9199]
- Interactions with people who have Dementia [L/601/3539]
- Diversity of Individuals with Dementia [Y/601/3544]
If there are any questions or queries about this programme, you can state here, and we will get a course advisor to contact you as soon as possible.
Method of Assessment:
To be awarded the NCFE Cache Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units.
Internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio of evidence. Each learner is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
Special Note: Apart from the initial fee, a total additional fee of £228 should be paid.
The Breakdown oftotal additional fee of £228 as follow:
1. Awarding body registration fee- £59
- You need to pay this when you are submitting your awarding body registration form only
2. All Official assessments and certification fee- £169
- You need to pay this when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid in installments when you are submitting your assessments.
Successful learners will be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Award in Awareness of Dementia.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the program you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving licence.
- Alzheimer’s Therapist
- Physician - £51,163 per annum
- Registered Nurse - £24,528 per annum
- Personal Support Worker - £17,672 per annum
- Social Worker - £28,983 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.