Polino UK Ltd
The Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings aims to develop learners’ knowledge and awareness of health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings. It is aimed at people who wish to develop an understanding of the similarities and differences between these settings.
Level 1 Award in Introduction to Health Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings (RQF)
Level: Level 1
Minimum entry age: 18
Guided Learning Hours: 86
Total Qualification Time: 101
Credit Value: 10
Start date: July 2021
What does the qualification cover?
- This qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. They include the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others.
- is aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- allows learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- allows learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
- provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
- supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children's settings
- provides learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
What is a nested qualification?
This qualification is nested. Qualifications within a nested suite allow learners to be topped up to a qualification that is the same level and subject within the Award, Certificate, Diploma structure. This can be done by self-service through the Portal. Qualification nests and top-up pricing can be found in our fees list.
Who is the qualification suitable for?
Anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
What is included in this course?
- Introduction to health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Workforce
- Job Application Skills
- Interview Skills
- A non-regulated pilot course
This course is available through blended learning or online but all assignments must be completed online through our learning management system.
Who is this course for?
People who wish to develop an understanding of the similarities and differences between these settings and are interested in working with the elderly and/or children.
In order to be eligible for funding for the course, applicants must meet all of the criteria:
- From the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background(s).
- Economically inactive / unemployed and in receipt of benefits
- No previous experience required as at least 70 hours of work placement will be given.
- 18 years old or above
- Live and have the right to work in the UK
- Be based in East London as placements are located in the area
This qualification provides pathways into the sector for anyone considering a career in health and/or social care.
Job opportunity given after course completion.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.