Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
There are currently 90,000 people alone in the UK who holds the International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. This is a widely respected qualification that is designed for employees and employers across multiple sectors and industries. If you are a team leader, supervisor or manager, it is relevant that you are aware of health and safety to ensure that your workers are safe and well. When employees get sick or are prone to workplace injuries, the productivity of the business goes down. In order to keep the productivity of the business high, employees must be healthy and safe. This is the core objective of the qualification. If you desire to have a career in this field, taking this course will give you the opportunity to have a successful career in occupational health and safety.
It is not only high-risk industries that need to put health and safety at the forefront. It is a recognised and popular concept that employers should implement to ensure people who work under them not only come to work well, but also go home healthy and safely.
The International Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety will benefit all levels of employees and employers who may not have specific knowledge of this subject, but want to learn best practices in order to create a safe working environment. Holders of this certificate can enjoy a range of opportunities and enhanced career prospects.
Students will be issued an official cover letter stating that you have completed 115 CPD hours at the completion of your National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety course.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
- Brochure - download
1. Why we should manage workplace health and safety
2. How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
3. Managing risk – understanding people and processes
4. Health and safety monitoring and measuring
5. Physical and psychological health
6. Musculoskeletal health
7. Chemical and biological agents
8. General workplace issues
9. Work equipment
- Once you successfully complete this course, you will gain the National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- As a holder of this certificate you are entitled to, Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH.
Special Note: Apart from the initial fee, a total additional fee of £220 should be paid as assessment and certification fee.
Who is this course for?
- Employees across multiple sectors and industries
- Ideal for Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers who are responsible for health and safety management
- Ideal for anyone with an interest in having a career in health and safety
- There are no formal pre-requisites to take this course
- It is recommended that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand the concepts outlined in the syllabus
- A score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS
This qualification is the required level for manager roles in the health and safety sector. Here are some job titles you can land, along with the average UK salary per annum,
- Health and Safety Coordinator – (£22,581 per annum)
- Health and Safety Manager – (£35,561 per annum)
- Health and Safety Advisor – (£29,939 per annum)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.