Data Law Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Unit 36 – Conveyancing for Paralegals is one on the optional technical legal knowledge units for those studying towards a Level 3 qualification recognised and awarded by The National Association of Licensed Paralegals (NALP).
The aim of the unit is to provide the learner with detailed knowledge of the conveyancing procedure. The learner will understand the conveyancing process in England and Wales and be able to apply that knowledge to given scenarios. In particular, the learner will understand the role of the Paralegal in taking instructions from clients and matters relating to the client interview. The skills developed by the learner include: the ability to identify and use factual, procedural and theoretical understanding to complete tasks and address well defined but complex or non-routine issues; time management to include taking responsibility for initiating and completing tasks; the ability to exercise autonomy and judgement within a given scenario; the ability to use and interpret legal language.
This unit comprises a comprehensive workbook developed by NALP which provides all of the information that leaners will need to meet the learning outcomes detailed below.
In addition, Datalaw have designed 4 60-minute webinars focusing on key aspects of the syllabus for this unit to help explain and contextualise the material provided in the workbooks.
Delivered by Datalaw favourite Stephen Desmond, the webinars within this unit cover following topics:
• Outline of Property Law
• Taking Instructions and Initial Matters
• Steps in Conveyancing Process
• Pre-Exchange Procedure
• Procedure for Exchange of Contracts and Completion
• Completing a Conveyancing Transaction
• Post Completion
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Understand the difference between registered and unregistered land
- 2. Understand how to take standard instructions on the sale and purchase of land and the initial matters that need to be dealt with at the client interview
- 3. Know the steps of the conveyancing process precontract
- 4. Know the procedure for exchange of contracts
- 5. Understand how to complete a conveyancing transaction
- 6. Understand post-completion matters
What is the target audience?
- Current and prospective paralegals
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.