Add to basket or enquire
Looking for a career that allows you to use your artistic side? Want a job that gives you less stress and more freedom? Well then, being a nail technician will be the perfect fit for you!
Being a nail technician means you can express yourself through your unique nail arts. You will have the opportunity to build other people's confidence with your artistry. Moreover, this career route offers flexible hours and mobility. Nonetheless, like every other great career prospect, nail technicians must be knowledgeable in various aspects concerning nail technology. To stay on top of their game, nail technicians must constantly build skills according to the current fashion & beauty trends. With this Nail Technician course, you can gear up with all the outstanding abilities a thriving nail technician needs.
This course will educate you on the fundamentals of nail technology. With this expert-outlined course, you will learn about various nail treatment tools, the importance of sanitation & sterilisation, the basics of manicure and pedicure, etc. This nail technician course will teach you how to use acrylic nails and UV & LED Gel, as well as the fundamentals of nail art. Moreover, you will get to know about various nail and skin disorders. This extensive course also focuses on giving you a thorough overview of nail technician related legislation in the United Kingdom.
Join this Nail Technician course today and nail it!
What you'll get out of this Nail Technician course:
- Familiarise yourself with the history and intricacies of nail technology.
- Deepen your understanding of different careers paved by nail technology expertise.
- Get introduced to human anatomy and physiology related to nail treatments.
- Gain a better understanding of nail treatment technology.
- Scale up your knowledge of health and safety regulations in the workplace.
- Learn the significance of sanitation and sterilisation, including various types of disinfectants.
- Develop a strong understanding of the signs of healthy nails and skin, including extensive knowledge of contagious and non-contagious disorders.
- Strengthen your basics of manicure and pedicure, as well as learn about the tools of manicure and pedicure.
- Know how to use nail extensions, overlays and acrylic nails.
- Explore the crucial topics of UV and LED Gel, like composition, maintenance and removal of UV & LED Gel.
- Become familiar with the nail art techniques & tools, and understand what nail art is.
- Learn about nail polish and its chemical composition.
- Enhance your knowledge of nail technician related legislation in the United Kingdom.
Why this Online Nail Technician Diploma Course from One Education is the favourite among professionals:
- Instantly accessible CPD & IAO-accredited certificate on successful completion of this Online Nail Technician Diploma Course
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- Study at your own pace
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient assessment and instant results
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of nail care, nail art, manicures, pedicures, gel and shellac manicures
Why Choose this Nail Technician Diploma
This Online Nail Technician Diploma Course is suitable for anyone interested in working in the makeup sector or who simply wants to learn more about nail art, manicures, pedicures, gel and shellac manicures and other related topics.
If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Online Nail Technician Diploma Course is for you.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Online Nail Technician Diploma Course and broken it down into several easy to understand modules that will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of Nail care and nail art.
You will get 12 months access to the Online Nail Technician Diploma Course and you can study the whole course at your own pace, so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the skills.
We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
Course Design Of The Online Nail Technician Diploma Course
This Nail Technician Diploma Course is designed with the following modules:
Nail Technician - Module 01:
- What do You Mean by Nail Technician?
- A Brief History of Nail Technology
- And More
Nail Technician - Module 02:
Different Career Routes
- Career Routes
- Mobile Technicians
- Working from Home
- Self-Employed in a Salon
- And More
Nail Technician - Module 03:
Anatomy and Physiology as Related to Nail Treatments
- Essential Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology
- Blood Circulation
Nail Technician - Module 04:
Preparing the Work Area
- Equipment for Nail Treatment
- Using Nail Products Safely
Nail Technician - Module 05:
Sanitation and Sterilisation
- Definitions and Standards
- Infections and Infestations
- Types of Disinfectants
- Disinfection Methods
Nail Technician - Module 06:
Nail and Skin Conditions
- Healthy Skin and Nails
- Non-Contagious Disorders
- Contagious Disorders
Nail Technician - Module 07:
Manicure and Pedicure Treatments
- Manicure and Pedicure Tools
- Manicure and Pedicure Products
- Preparing the Manicure Table
- And More
Nail Technician - Module 08:
Nail Extensions & Nail Overlays
- What are Artificial Nails?
- Brief History of Nail Extensions
- Acrylic Nails
- And More
Nail Technician - Module 09:
UV and LED Gels – Part 1
- Chemistry of UV and LED Gels
- UV and LED Gels
- Types of UV Gels
- And More
Nail Technician - Module 10:
UV and LED Gels – Part 2
- UV and LED Gel Maintenance and Removal
- One-Colour Method UV or LED Gel on Tips or Natural Nails
- Two-Colour Method UV or LED Gel on Tips or Natural Nails
Nail Technician - Module 11:
- What is Nail Art?
- Professional Nail Art Techniques and Tools
- Nail Polish and Its Chemical Composition
- And More
Nail Technician - Module 12:
Related Legislation in the United Kingdom
- Employment Rights in the United Kingdom
- Cosmetic Products Enforcement Regulations 2013
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Some Other Legislation to Consider
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Nail Technician Diploma, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above in order to pass. After successfully passing the Nail Technician Diploma exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD & IAO-accredited certificate.
Once you have finished the Nail Technician Diploma, you will be eligible to apply for a CPD & IAO-accredited certificate as proof of your new skills and your continued professional development. Certificates are available as a PDF for £9, or you can request a hard copy to be sent in the post for £15.
Who is this course for?
This Online Nail Technician Diploma Course is ideal for:
- Aspiring nail technicians
- Nail technicians who want to improve their skill
- People who want to learn about nail care, manicures, pedicures, gel and shellac manicures
- People who want to learn a practical skill that will give them an in-demand skill
- People who want to become a beauty blogger or start a youtube channel or become a social media influencer in this topic
The Online Nail Technician Diploma Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements.
All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language and to be over the age of 16.
Completing this Nail Technician course will help you enhance your nail artistry skills. This comprehensive course will also train you for pursuing a broad range of exciting and gratifying job opportunities, such as—
- Nail artist
- Nail technician
- Beauty blogger
- Salon Owner
The average annual salary for these job opportunities in the UK ranges from £10,000 to £30,000.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi there, Will I receive a certificate at the end of this course? Thanks
Hi Rachel, Thanks for reaching out. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain an accredited certificate. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am looking at doing acrylic n gel nails in a salon do u think this is the right course have u info on how u get to do the practical plus equipment
Hi Lisa, This is fully an online course. We believe this course will add value to your CV and will help you to become an expert in this field. The course doesn't come with any hard materials. As you will progress with the course, you will be provided with the required equipment. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi there, are any practical skills learned and are they assessed through this diploma? Or it it all theory based? Thanks
Hello Chantelle, This is a self-development online course. There will be no live class. However, you can practice on your own by watching the video lectures and following the theories in the course. There will be exams at the end of the day. You will need pass the exam in order to obtain the accredited certificate. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.