International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Many people visit their nail technician every two weeks at least to keep their hands and nails looking beautiful. There’s a huge demand for nail technicians and our online course is a fast, economical way to learn the latest nail art trends and techniques.
In our Nail Technician course, you’ll find out how to apply classic polishes as well as today’s popular gel and Shellac nails. We’ll also show you to give heavenly hand and foot massages as well as luxurious manicures and pedicures. Whether you’re starting out in your beauty career; looking to add extra services to clients; or are refreshing your skills with the latest up-to-date nail art and design techniques, our certified Nail Technician course contains all you need to know.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- 60-Day access - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
- Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
In the age of the selfie and Instagram, personal appearance and grooming are more significant than ever. People invest a lot of time and money in their personal image, paying close attention to their hands which are always on display. They will seek out the best nail technician for amazing hands.
As a certified nail technician you can enjoy a flourishing career at home, abroad or on a cruise ship! Start studying nail art tips and massage techniques now as you prepare for a prosperous future in the booming beauty and personal care business.
The UK’s beauty and personal care industry is worth more than £15 billion a year (and rising!) to the economy. As a nail technician, you can be part of this booming industry with your soothing massage techniques, nail art and nail decorations.
Practise on your family and friends as you work your way through the modules in our Nail Technician course - they’ll love you for it! You’ll receive online training in the most up-to-date techniques like gel nails and Shellac. Once you know how to give a manicure and pedicure professionally, you can quickly build up a bank of happy, loyal customers.
You’ll also learn:
- How to recognise and treat different types of skin
- Hand exercises and how to massage hands
- Great pedicure techniques and mastering foot massage
- All the latest trends and techniques for decorating nails
- Different types of nail polish and current trends in nail fashion
- The specific skills needed to apply and remove gels and Shellac to keep the natural nail healthy
Master the art of making hands, feet and nails look and feel wonderful by following the step-by-step instructions to manicures, pedicures and nail art in our easy-to-follow course. You can learn at your own pace, re-read the material and keep your course forever. That means you can refresh your memory about a particular technique or treatment whenever you wish.
Start learning everything you need to become a nail technician straightaway. Once you’ve successfully completed our Nail Technician course, you can receive an accredited certificate to show to your clients or put on display in your salon.
How is the Nail Technician course assessed?
By studying how to be a nail technician online with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam. There is a short exam at the end of each module for you to take, You’ll know your score immediately.
Nail Technician Course Syllabus
Module 1: General Care Of Hands
- Skin Types
- Creams and suitable products
- Exercises for hands
- Nail disorders
Module 2: Manicure
- The steps to a good manicure
- Hand massage
Module 3: Pedicure
- Steps to a good pedicure
- Foot Massage
Module 4: Nail Art
- Types of nail polish
- Tools you need and how to add decorations
- Examples of decoration choices
- Products on the market
Module 5: Gel & Shellac Manicure
- Gel Nails
- Step by step instructions for sculpted gel nails with French manicure
- Maintaining and filling
- Shellac Style Nails
- Steps for applying Shellac
Who is this course for?
- Everyone who wishes to start a career in the beauty industry as a nail technician
- Existing nail technicians who want to learn the latest nail art trends or study an accredited course
- People working in the beauty or fashion industry who are seeking to offer an additional skill to clients
- Makeup artists who want to offer manicures and pedicures
- Beauty bloggers wishing to talk about nail art authoritatively
- Anyone who fancies improving their skills for personal use
This Nail Technician course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements.
- Start your own nail technician business or become a freelance nail technician
- Offer your services as a nail artist as part of a team of stylists and beauticians for photoshoots, fashion spreads, movies, TV, and high fashion catwalks
- Find work at a high-end nail salon, beauty salon or on a cruise ship
- Start a beauty blog, YouTube channel, or Instagram account
- Impress everyone with your nail skills!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What materials will I have to buy to compete this course, example: a uv light or shellac gel polish?Answer:
The courses are fully online. You will have access to your Virtual Campus account any time, day or night so you will be able to complete the course at your own pace over the generous time of 60 consecutive days. Once you register, you will have 12 months to activate your course. All course materials are available online and there are no additional costs involved in completing the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do u provide any kit or materials or do we just purchase our own basic nail kit to complete the course?Answer:
To do the Nail Technician course we recommend a basic nail kit. When you complete the course, you will know which additional products to buy depending on your needs.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Once completed this course, would I be able get insurance to start my own businessAnswer:
Hi Mary, Thank you for your query. Getting insurance after doing the "Nail Technician" course depends on the institution you are dealing with. You will need to look for an insurance company that covers online training. Emma - IOA TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.