Add to basket or enquire
Worldwide interest and demand for mushrooms is growing rapidly, producing an ever-increasing market for both mushrooms and new growers.
Discover how to grow mushrooms easily at home with our course and create your very own mushroom farm. You will learn diverse principles and concepts, which can be applied in any country making this a very comprehensive course for any home gardener.
How will I study?
This fun-filled, self-paced programme is organised into 4 easy-to-digest easily accessible modules; therefore, you will find learning is easy to fit around your existing commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Gain general information about mushrooms.
- Recognise plant names,
- Identify commonly cultivated and edible mushrooms.
- Learn about the structure of a mushroom.
- Learn how to grow mushrooms.
- Understand soil structure and soil temperature.
- Learn how to identify the different soil types.
- Understand why different soils are suited to different purposes.
- Discover the different types of compost and the benefits of composting.
- Learn about Mushroom Nutrition.
- Understand the process of spawning.
- Find out how to make and cast a mushroom bed.
- Identify the various pests and diseases that affect mushroom.
- Establish the ideal outdoor conditions required for growing mushrooms.
- Look at the environmental factors that contribute to the life of the mushroom after harvesting.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Home gardeners turn your hobby into an income by gaining valued principles and concepts to create your own mushroom farm in your garden.
- Access the course at anytime that suits you, in a place of your choice 24 hours a day.
- Utilise this knowledge to kick-start a career in gardening.
- At the end of each unit test yourself with a multiple choice question assessment. This will help you remember the main points of the lesson and act as a check that you have retained the essential knowledge and understanding of that particular section.
- Gain an endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Identifying Edible Fungi
- Mushroom Culture
- Understanding Soils
- Mushroom Compost
- Mushroom Nutrition
- Spawn Production
- Making & Casing Mushroom Beds
- Growing Conditions for Mushrooms
- Growing Outside
- Harvest, Storage & Use of Mushrooms
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
ALENA VALOVA asked:
Hi, Which body is the certificate accredit by please and is this recognised at all? Many thanks
Hi Alena, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that this is a knowledge-based training and after completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, I understand this is a self paced course but is there a certain deadline this needs to be finished by once it is commenced?
Hi Nidhi, Thank you for contacting us. This fun-filled, self-paced programme is organised into 4 easy-to-digest easily accessible modules; therefore, you will find learning is easy to fit around your existing commitments. You will get complete 12 months time to complete the training. You can complete it as per your own pace and time. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How the course completion is assessed. If yes can you please mention how they have been assessed?
Hi Sarada, Thank you for contacting us. At the end of each unit test yourself with a multiple choice question assessment. Once you will complete the online modules then you will be able to download the course completion certificate from the portal itself. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.