Manchester Metropolitan University
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Develop your financial expertise to the highest level with Manchester Metropolitian’s Global Online MSc Finance and Strategy. This online programme is delivered from the City of Manchester, the UK’s second largest financial centre and one of the fastest growing regions for FinTech (Source: Invest in Manchester). As a student of Manchester Metropolitan Business School, one of only a handful of business schools in the UK that is accreditedby both AMBA and AACSB, you will be part of an international learning environment that will develop your strategic thinking and leadership skills on a global scale.
This course also provides:
- Recognition for prior learning: If you already have a professional finance qualification from a recognised institution, such as ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or AAT, you could be exempt from four of the programme's nine modules.
- The ability to accelerate your CIMA qualification: As a Manchester Met masters graduate, you are eligible for an accelerated entry route to the CIMA Professional Qualification, called the Masters Gateway route. The Masters Gateway route will allow you to progress to the strategic level of the CIMA Professional Qualification upon the completion of one exam, bypassing 11 other modules.
Course content and intakes:
There are four intakes annually for this course starting in January, May, September and November.
Typical units include:
- Corporate Finance (15 credits)
- Strategy and Leadership (15 credits)
- Governance, Risk and Control (15 credits)
- Financial Technologies (15 credits)
- Performance Management and Control (15 credits)
- Corporate Reporting (15 credits)
- Philosophical and Methodological Approaches to Research (15 credits)
- Critical Reading, Writing and Literature Research (15 credits)
Dissertation (60 credits)
As part of the course, you will also be required to produce a dissertation of 12,000-15,000 words. Our MSc finance course is vocational in nature, and our form of assessment focuses on real-world experience. Students will be expected to draw on their own professional experience and include commentary on projects that they have been a part of within the workplace.
Why study online?
The main reason why people choose to study online is that it provides them greater flexibility.
With a recommended study time of 15 hours a week you will be able to carry on working or fit your studies around your current commitments. You can choose to pay in full or each time you are due to start a module and if you need to take a break from your studies, you can.
Our virtual learning environment provides you with everything you need in one place. It is through this system that you will attend live lectures and collaborate with your fellow students to complete group projects. Once you are accepted onto the course you will be provided with a specialist student success advisor who will be there to offer advice and guidance all the way through to graduation.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone globally as long as you have a device and an internet connection. It provides the perfect opportunity to enhance your skills and progress your career within the industry.
You’ll need to fulfil the following criteria to be accepted onto the course:
An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a Business, Finance or Economics related subject or an overseas equivalent from a recognised higher education institution OR an equivalent qualification such as ACCA F1-F9 OR a minimum of 3 years relevant experience will be considered on a case by case basis
English language requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) are required to produce evidence of English language proficiency.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.