University of Liverpool Online Programmes
Add to basket or enquire
Gain the specialist knowledge and professional skills to become a digital marketing professional operating within the evolving business environment with this fully online, part-time Digital Marketing MSc from the University of Liverpool.
Digital marketing has revolutionised the global business landscape, reinvigorating marketing processes and creating an exciting, fast-paced and competitive marketing environment. This programme explores the role of digital marketing alongside existing marketing concepts and theories and considers how these functions within the wider organisational strategy. The curriculum explores the essential aspects of digital marketing including consumer behaviour, digital communications, social medial marketing, and branding, and underpins this by enhancing your core business skills and understanding, including leadership, data and financial management, business ethics and sustainability, tailoring them to meet the needs of digital marketing practice.
Is this the right course for you?
This programme will provide you with an excellent understanding of the digital marketing environment and how it continues to influence marketing strategy and practice within complex international settings. During your studies, you will develop your understanding of core theory and concepts in digital marketing, apply analytical and problem-solving techniques to the decision-making process in real-life business contexts, and learn how to present your analysis to others in a professional and persuasive manner.
Through this programme, you will:
- Learn in a high-quality education and learning environment. The programme provides a comprehensive and high level of education from an elite AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited management school. Research-lead teaching will help to enhance your specialist knowledge, supported by a supportive and engaging online learning environment.
- Collaborate with other students around the world. You will have to opportunity to study in and global virtual cohorts, mirroring the diverse digital work environment and allowing you to develop the skills necessary for a digital marketing career within the real-world context of contemporary organisations.
- Achieve your personal goals by linking theory to practice. All assessment has been developed to incorporate the key principles of authenticity and critical reflection to help you to link theory to practice and achieve your personal goals.
- Develop your skills and knowledge to become a highly effective digital marketing professional. You will graduate from this programme with the ability to be a highly effective digital marketing professional. You will be able to positively influence your organisation by implementing the knowledge and skills gained from your studies.
The Digital Marketing MSc consists of the following taught modules and a final dissertation project.
- Digital Marketing Strategy and Practice (15 credits)
- Becoming a Leader (15 credits)
- Ethical and Sustainable Business Practice (15 credits)
- Finance and Data Analysis for Mangers (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour (15 credits)
- Digital Communications and Social Media Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Creation and Management (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
There is a brief break scheduled between modules to allow students to refresh themselves and reflect on what they have learned.
Shorter postgraduate diploma (120 credits) and postgraduate certificate (60 credits) awards are also available in this subject.
Learn from industry experts.
This online programme is run by the Management School at the historic University of Liverpool, established in 1881 and one of the founding Russell Group members. We have offered online management degrees since 2001 and are part of an elite group of worldwide institutes to be triple-accredited, holding AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA status. Our vision is to be a globally connected Management School, with our transformative research and teaching, placing us at the forefront of influential knowledge leadership.
Enhance your career opportunities.
After completing this programme, you will be able to develop your existing marketing career, move into a role within the digital marketing sector or work within a general management position. Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, awareness and confidence to be highly effective managers and digital marketing professionals able to influence organisational strategy and practice.
You will have a clear understanding of the career opportunities available and have clarity over your career aims. Your understanding of opportunities will be enhanced by access to guest speakers who are leaders in digital marketing through webcasts, webinars and through networking events. Furthermore, you will be able to access a broad range of marketing, management, and leadership positions in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Learn online anytime, anywhere.
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Love what you've read so far?
Visit our website for more information on this programme, you can also contact one of our admission advisers to get your questions answered.
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.
Who is this course for?
The programme ensures that you are equipped with the specialist knowledge and professional skills to become a digital marketing manager, either in your current employment or when forging a new career in the field of marketing.
Applicants should possess either:
-A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in any subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
-Professional work experience in a related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent certificate.
You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of the countries we consider eligible. Contact us via LiveChat on our website to learn more.
Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, awareness and confidence to be highly effective managers and digital marketing professionals able to influence organisational strategy and practice.