Add to basket or enquire
Owning a motorbike can be an expensive business, so the last thing you need is a costly repair bill catching you off guard. Learn the skills you need to maintain and fix your motorbike at home and avoid those expensive mechanic bills with the Motorbike Maintenance course.
The Motorbike Maintenance course has been designed by our team of bike maintenance experts to ensure you know how to professionally care for your motorbike. Through 11 in-depth modules, you will learn the essential motorbike maintenance tools you need in your toolbox, as well as the safety concerns you will have to consider when fixing your motorbike.
Through the Motorbike Maintenance course, you will explore the basics of the motorbike engine, including engine cooling and lubrication, as well as taking a detailed look at the ignition system, the suspension, and the intake, fuel, clutch, and exhaust systems. Enrolling on the Motorbike Maintenance course will leave you feeling confident enough to handle electrical maintenance, as well as wheels, tires, and brakes maintenance. Learn the essentials of bike maintenance, such as cleaning, setting up, and storage of your motorbike. The Motorbike Maintenance course also covers basic troubleshooting, so you can quickly figure out what is wrong with your motorbike.
What Will I Learn From This Motorbike Maintenance Course:
- Get an in-depth introduction to motorbike maintenance
- Understand the essential motorbike maintenance tools you need in your motorbike toolbox
- Learn about the basics of the engine
- Study the intake, fuel, clutch and exhaust systems
- Understand how to carry out electrical maintenance
- Discover how to perform wheels, tires and brakes maintenance
- Learn how to clean, set up, and store your motorbike
- Learn about basic troubleshooting when it comes to problems with your motorbike
Why People Love And Enrol The Motorbike Maintenance Course From One Education
- Eligibility for an IAO -accredited certificate on successful completion of Motorbike Maintenance Course
- Learning materials of our Motorbike Maintenance course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Freedom to study at your own pace
- 24/7 access to the Motorbike Maintenance course materials for 12 months
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
**** FREE GIFT ****
Engine Lubrication Systems Course is included completely for FREE with this Motorbike Maintenance Course!
We’ve taken this comprehensive Motorbike Maintenance course and broken it down into 11 manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this Skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This Motorbike Maintenance is designed with the following modules:
Module-1: Introduction to Motorbike Maintenance.
- Things to Be Learnt
- Motorbike Tools
- Hand Tools
- Big Ticket Tools
- Safety Concerns
Module-2: Basics of Engine.
- Two-Stroke Basics
- Four-Stroke Basics
- The Top and Bottom Ends
- Valves and Cams
Module-3: Engine Cooling and Lubrication.
- Engine Cooling
- Air and Oil Cooling
- Changing Coolant
- Liquid Cooling
- Basic Battery, Coil Ignition and Installing Spark Plugs.
- Adjusting Ignition Timing and Maintaining Ignition System.
- Work of springs and Aftermarket Spring Kits
- Dampers and Suspension Tuning
- Front, Rear Suspension and Improving Suspension
Module-6: Intake, Fuel, Clutch and Exhaust Systems.
- Maintaining Fuel System and Fuel Injection
- Installing an Inline Fuel Filter
- Maintaining Clutch
- Adjusting and Replacing Clutch
- Improving Clutch and Automotive-Style Clutch
Module-7: Electrical Maintenance.
- Battery Maintenance
- How Wet-Cell Batteries Work
- Installing a New Battery
- Battery Breather
Module-8: Wheels, Tires and Brakes Maintenance.
- Wheels and Its Specifications
- Checking and Adjusting Wheel Alignment
- Checking and Truing Spoked Wheels
- Replacing Wheel Bearings and Seals
Module-9: Transmission, Frame and Steering.
- Constant Mesh Transmission
- Shifting Gears
- Oil Additives
- Transmission Oil Change
Module-10: Cleaning, Setting Up and Storage.
- Washing, Waxing and Polishing
- Touching-Up Paint
- Winter Storage
- What to Do If a Bike Does not Start?
- Go with The Flow
- Basics of Troubleshooting Things
- Checking for Spark and Running Problem
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Motorbike Maintenance course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above in order to pass. After successfully passing the Motorbike Maintenance course exam, you will be able to apply for an IAO-accredited certificate.
Once you have finished the Motorbike Maintenance course, you will be eligible to apply for an IAO-accredited certificate as proof of your new skills and your continued professional development. Certificates are available as a PDF for £9, or you can request a hard copy to be sent in the post for £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a certificate attesting to your knowledge.
The Motorbike Maintenance course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
There are no formal entry requirements for the Motorbike Maintenance course, with enrollment open to anyone! Anyone and everyone with a knack for learning can enrol this course without any hesitation.
Learn online from any internet device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone. Study when it suits you and complete the Motorbike Maintenance course at your own pace.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
Studying the Motorbike Maintenance course is designed to help you get the job of your dreams, or even that promotion you’ve been waiting for a long time. Learn the essential skills and knowledge you need to exceed in your professional life with the help & guidance from our Motorbike Maintenance course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.