Mandatory Training Group
Motor Neurone Disease Awareness Level 2 - Online CPD Training Course
Welcome to our online motor neurone disease awareness training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online motor neurone disease awareness training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Study method - Online, self-paced (1-2 study hours)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Certification Service
How to access your motor neurone disease awareness training course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your motor neurone disease awareness training course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online motor neurone disease awareness training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
We can also provide classroom based training at any suitable UK venue. Contact our Support Team on by telephone or via Email to make a booking.
The content of this online motor neurone disease awareness training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 90 to 120 minutes to complete this motor neurone disease awareness e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience about motor neurone disease awareness and related regulations
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete this motor neurone disease awareness training course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
On completion of this motor neurone disease awareness training course, you will:
- Be able to define motor neurone disease
- Know some basic facts and statistics about motor neurone disease
- Know the causes of motor neurone disease
- Know the different types of motor neurone disease
- Understand how motor neurone disease is diagnosed
- Know the various symptoms and how they are managed
- Understand the key considerations when supporting someone with motor neurone disease.
What is covered in this online motor neurone disease awareness training course?
This motor neurone disease awareness training course covers the following:
- What is motor neurone disease?
- What is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis?
- Facts and statistics about motor neurone disease
- What causes motor neurone disease?
- Diagnostic tests for motor neurone disease
- Clinical examination for motor neurone disease
- Blood tests and other tests for motor neurone disease
- Motor neurone disease diagnosis
- Different types of motor neurone disease
- Motor neurone disease life expectancy
- Motor neurone disease symptoms
- Supporting people living with motor neurone disease
- Dealing with speech and communication problems
- Dealing with emotions, thinking and behavior
- Dealing with relationships and family issues
- Breathing and ventilation
- Treatments and medication
- Planning ahead
- Making informed decisions
- Advance Decision to Refuse Treatment (ADRT)
- End of life care for motor neurone disease
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group’s online training courses?
There are benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your e-learning training provider, including:
- Over 1000 training courses available
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e learning provider
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- interactive online learning courses
- free blended learning environment for individuals and organizations
- competitively priced online training courses
- meet UK compliance requirements
- reduce organizational carbon footprint
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimize travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimize hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
Motor Neurone Disease Awareness Level 2 - Online CPD Training Course
Who is this course for?
This motor neurone disease awareness training course should be completed by those who work in healthcare and social care services. It is also useful for those who look after people with motor neurone disease.
To complete this motor neurone disease awareness training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our motor neurone disease awareness training course are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.