Ann Louis Consulting
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The business of mortgage continues to grow as more and more people are ready to buy properties they can use to diversify their investments. Add to that is the fact that affordable housing options are more readily available to first-time buyers. With this growth comes the need for qualified mortgage advisors who can provide guidance to buyers and investors.
If you are interested to pursue a career as a mortgage advisor, know that the role is all about providing buyers with information and tools to effectively navigate the mortgage process. It also gives emphasis on helping buyers understand their mortgage options and choose one that best suits their needs and financial situation. On top of that, a significant part of the role entails being a salesman, which requires product and market knowledge and ability to read people and establish relationships. With all that in consideration, it is a must to start building your capabilities now to prepare for the role later on. This is where our training program will be useful.
The Mortgage Advisor Training Program we offer is designed to equip you with in-depth understanding of the mortgage sector as well as the skills to provide professional guidance and advice to buyers in relation to property purchase and mortgage process. It will help reinforce your foundation knowledge of mortgage concepts and practices and will also acquaint you with the financial services environment and product, mortgage regulations, and the mortgage application process. Take note that this training program is an excellent resource that you can use to prepare for the Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice exam, which is an essential qualification for you to legally practice as a mortgage advisor.
Following below are some of the areas that will be covered in the training program.
- Mortgage advisor career
- Financial services environment and products
- Mortgage law, markets and practices
- Mortgage types and customer types
- The mortgage application process
- Assessment of mortgage options
- Mortgage payment methods
- Working with realtors and mortgage lenders
- Providing mortgage advice
- Mortgage arrears and post-completion
Once you have completed our Mortgage Advisor Training Program, you can also take advantage of our optional work experience opportunity. This is a great way to apply what you have learned from the training program and at the same time build practical work experience in the mortgage practice, which should help you fully understand the kind of work that a professional mortgage advisor engages in. In addition, through this work experience opportunity you will have the chance to interact with a vetted mentor, who is experienced in mortgage advising. The mentor you will be assigned to work with will provide you with real-life tasks as well as advice and feedback that you can use to further your professional development.
- Undertake the training program completely online. Study at your own time and pace.
- Develop thorough understanding of mortgage, including its associated concepts, product options, application process and more. Also, be exposed to the work of a mortgage advisor.
- Grow key skills that are critical to the mortgage advisor profession, which in turn should help you become a more competitive candidate once you start applying for work.
- Take advantage of an optional work experience opportunity where you can do real tasks and projects relevant to the mortgage advisor role; receive guidance and feedback on how you can develop yourself professionally; discover more about the mortgage advising practice; enhance your job skills; and improve your employability.
- Receive a certificate of completion that validates your training. You can also add this to your professional portfolio.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.