Mobile App Development with PhoneGap [Video]
Style and Approach
You'll learn from extensive on camera demonstrations and be able to download the many examples you see the instructor create on screen. This course gets practical very quickly as you'll be working with the phone hardware and interacting with the same real-world API's that professional developers use everyday-- such as Google Places and Google Maps
What You Will Learn
- Use the PhoneGap Desktop app to create new PhoneGap mobile apps
- Use the PhoneGap Desktop app and PhoneGap Mobile app to test new apps
- Create a new PhoneGap app template
- Test a PhoneGap project in the browser
- Include the JQuery library for UI
- Create single and multi-page user interfaces
- Create collapsible content blocks to optimize mobile screen space
- Use jQuery Mobile UI elements to create usable mobile apps
- Use the Local Storage object for permanent on-device storage
- Storing data in the on-device database
- Retrieving data from the on-device database
- Obtain the device's location using geolocation tools
- Obtain location information with the Google Places API
- Obtain location information and Maps from the Google Maps API
- Play audio and video content on the device
- Control media content using Javacript
- Determine device position on X,Y and Z axis with the accelerometer
- Use the accelerometer to move on-screen objects
- Access device hardware including the camera
- Obtain and save images with the camera
- Detect gestures using the Hammer.js library
- Integrate taps and press gestures in to your application
- Integrate swipe and pan gestures in to your mobile app
- Determine information about the device on which your app is running
- Work with device orientation
- Determine information about the network to which device is connected
- Determine battery status of device
- Send a push notification to an app
- Process a push notification so it appears in the messaging bar
- Configure the Config.xml for app release
- Build with Adobe PhoneGap Build
- Build with the Command Line Interface
- Complete pre-release testing of a mobile app
Mark Lassoff's parents frequently claim that he was born to be a programmer. In the mid-eighties, when the neighborhood kids were outside playing kickball and throwing snowballs, Mark was hard at work on his Commodore 64 writing games in the BASIC programming language. Computers and programming continued to be a strong interest in college where Mark majored in Communications and Computer Science. After completing his college career, Mark worked in the software and web development departments at several large corporations.
In 2001, on a whim, while his contemporaries were conquering the dot com world, Mark accepted a position training programmers in a technical training center in Austin, Texas. It was there that Mark fell in love with teaching programming, which has been his passion ever since. Today Mark is a top technical trainer, traveling the country providing training for software and web developers. Mark's training clients include the Department of Defense, Lockheed Martin, Discover Card Services, and Kaiser Permanente. He has consulted for companies such as Dell, Target, Lockheed Martin, and government agencies including the US House of Representatives.
He lives in coastal Connecticut near the Connecticut River, where he is in the process of redecorating his house. Want to help?
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hello , can i make nice looking apps when i end this course ? i have some idea's to make but im not sure . thanks .
Hello Kevin, Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can make Apps once you complete this video course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.