Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This Minute Taking Course is ideal for aspiring Minute-Takers, Secretaries and Chairpersons who have a responsibility to manage meeting agendas and improve meeting outcomes. It includes step-by-step training on how to write concise, structured meeting minutes, prepare for a meeting, deal with any challenges during a meeting, and close a meeting successfully.
Effective minute taking is essential to the productivity and success of a business meeting. In this Minute Taking Training Course, you will explore the role and responsibilities of a Minute-Taker and chairperson in detail, including the key skills and qualities needed to oversee and direct business meetings successfully.
You will learn how to write professional minutes that summarize the outcomes of a meeting accurately so that all attendees and those who couldn’t attend, understand what key points to take away. This course is also packed with tips and advice on how to ensure that all matters arising in a meeting are dealt with effectively, including strategies for building your professional image and confidence.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the role of the Minute-Taker
- Understand the key elements that make a meeting successful
- Identify the stages of minute taking and steps to arranging a meeting
- List all the things that should be included in a meeting agenda
- Deal with stressful meetings and conversations that go off-track
- Address all matters arising and close a meeting successfully
- Manage meeting tasks and chase up action items effectively
- Create a Minutes template and distribute your notes to all attendees
Key Features of Minute Taking Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
*** Additional Gifts ***
Free Coronavirus (COVID-19) Awareness Course
- Demonstrate knowledge of how COVID-19 emerged
- Understand how COVID-19 spreads and how to prevent it from spreading
- Identify the symptoms of COVID-19 and which groups of individuals are most at risk
- Comply with government health guidelines and maintain excellent hygiene
Module 01: Introduction to Minute Writing
In module one, we will learn about the key skills required for effective minute taking, as well as the role of the chairperson and Minute-Taker in detail. It also explores the stages of minute taking and steps to arranging a meeting.
Module 02: Preparation for Minute Taking
In module two, we will learn how to prepare for a meeting, exploring what should be included in the meeting agenda and the rules for seating arrangements. It also includes tips on how to deal with a stressful meeting and what to do when a conversation goes off-track.
Module 03: The Meeting Structure
In module three, we will explore the structure of a meeting, covering key topics such as meeting introductions, committee business, matters arising, and action items. It also provides step-by-step guidance on how to successfully close a meeting,
Module 04: Minute Meeting, Decision and Action
In module four, we will be introduced to the Action Triangle, exploring what to do when there is no outcome from a meeting, as well as when there is several actions for one minute.
Module 05: Roles and Responsibility of Minute Taker
In module five, we will explore the skills required to be a successful Minute-Taker, taking an in-depth look at best practice procedures for before, during and after a meeting. You will also learn how to structure your notes and make them as clear as possible.
Module 06: Tips for Minute Taking
In module six, we will learn a wide range of tips from the experts, from how to sharpen your active listening skills to step-by-step guidance on how to create a Minutes template. It includes what information should be recorded during a meeting and what should be left out.
Module 07: Technology in Minute Taking
In module seven, we will explore some technological advancements in minute taking, with information on how to streamline your minute taking, security issues, and software solutions.
Module 8: Building Confidence
In module eight, we will focus on professional development training, with tips and guidance on how to create the right impression, address the attendees of a meeting, deal with challenging situations, and much more.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This Minute Taking Masterclass is ideal for anyone who has a minute taking or meeting management responsibilities. This includes the following roles:
- Minute Taker
- Board Director
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.