Add to basket or enquire
Minute taking is an essential skill in any business, and enrolling on the Minute Taking Course from Janets will allow you to build your professional minute taking skills and grow your career potential. Learn how to take clear and concise minutes in any business situation with the Minute Taking Course.
The Minute Taking Course will provide you with the minute taking knowledge and skills you need to produce professional-quality minutes every time. Use your new minute taking skills to ensure every meeting is successful and your business is properly supported. The Minute Taking Course will enhance your professional minute taking knowledge to ensure your minute taking abilities are in high demand in any business setting.
This expertly-created Minute Taking Course is accredited by the CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students without any further study. The Minute Taking Course is made up of 8 comprehensive modules, each tackling a different skill that you require to build your professional minute taking skill set. Students can expect to complete this Minute Taking Course in around 3 hours.
Janets is one of the top online training providers in the UK and aims to provide every student with a top-quality education. With the Minute Taking Course, you can learn the skills you need to succeed as a professional minute taker.
What You Will Learn From the Minute Taking Course:
- Get an introduction to effective minute taking and the common terms used in minute taking
- Learn about the cycle of a meeting and the different participants that will be present in every meeting
- Discover how to prepare for meetings and effective minute taking
- Learn how to use a meeting minute taking template to save time
- Study the common structure of business meetings
- Understand the purpose of minute taking
- Discover the roles and responsibilities of the person minute taking
- Gain top tips for professional minute taking
What You Get Out Of Studying Minute Taking Course With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the Minute Taking Course
- Full one-year access to Minute Taking Course materials
- Instant assessment results
- No hidden fees with the Minute Taking Course
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the Minute Taking Course at your own pace
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Gain a complete understanding of effective minute taking
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Study in your own time through your computer, tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential by studying Minute Taking Course
Minute Taking Course
The Minute Taking training course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. Access the Minute Taking Course content from any internet-enabled device whenever or wherever you want to. The Minute Taking Course has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Module 01: Introduction to Minute Writing
- Minute Taking Introduction
- Key Skills for Minute Taking
- Participants of Minute Taking
- The Chairperson
- The Minute-Taker
- The Stages of Minute Taking
- Arranging a Meeting
Module 02: Preparation for Minute Taking
- Pre Meeting Preparation
- Note Format
- Meeting Agenda
- Talk to Chairperson
- Arrive Early
- Seating Arrangements
- Choose Your Chair
- What to Do During a Meeting
- How to Deal with a Stressful Meeting
- What to Do When the Conversation Goes Off Track
- What to Do Post-Meeting
- Completing the Notes
Module 03: The Meeting Structure
- Why Do Meetings Need a Structure?
- Meeting Introductions
- Declaration of Interest
- Committee Business
- Previous Meeting Minutes
- Matters Arising
- Agenda Items
- Ending a Meeting
Module 04: Minute Meeting, Decision and Action
- The Purpose of Minute Taking
- Effective Minute Takers
- Importance of Writing
- The Action Triangle
- When There Is No Outcome
- Layout of Action Points
- When There Are Several Actions for One Minute
Module 05: Roles and Responsibility of Minute Taker
- Before Meeting
- During Meeting
- After Meeting
- Present at Meeting
- Task Involved in Minute Taking
- Skills Required
- What Should Be Written
- The Basics of Minute Taking
- Records at Every Meeting
- Keeping Clear Notes
- Producing the Finished Notes
- Agreeing the Minutes
- Common Problems
Module 06: Tips for Minute Taking
- Laying the Groundwork
- Knowing the Purpose
- Getting the Agenda
- Choose Your Method
- All Systems Go
- Leave Space in Which to Work
- Here, Here
- Have a Seating Chart
- Know Everyone’s Position
- Create a Minutes Template
- Listen with Care
- Just the Facts
- Keep it Clear and Simple
- Be Exact
- Noting Motions
- What’s on Hold
- Adding Your Voice
Module 07: Technology in Minute Taking
- Taking Minute Manually Is Time Consuming
- Technology Solves Security Issues
- Technological Offerings for Boards
- Streamline Minute Taking
- Software Solutions
Module 8: Building Confidence
- Creating the Right Impression
- Get to Know Everyone
- Coping with Put-Downs
- Know Your Place
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Minute Taking Course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the Minute Taking Course. After successfully passing the Minute Taking Course exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD-accredited certificate as proof of your Minute Taking knowledge.
All students who successfully complete the Minute Taking Course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the Minute Taking Course certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
The Minute Taking Course is ideal for those who already work in this sector or are an aspiring professional. This Minute Taking Course is designed to enhance your expertise and boost your CV. Learn key skills and gain a professional qualification to prove your newly-acquired knowledge.
Student Testimonials On Our Minute Taking Course:
"If you want to develop your knowledge on the role of a minute taker then you wouldn’t be disappointed with this Minute Taking course. I did not regret registering in this course because it gave me all the contents I needed."
"I thought it would be hard to find a course about minute taking training, but I'm glad I came across into this site. They also respond to questions promptly, so I'm very satisfied. It was indeed an effective course!"
The Minute Taking Course is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study the Minute Taking Course, all your need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English, numeracy, and IT skills. You must also be over the age of 16.
The Minute Taking Course is ideal for anyone who wants to pursue their dream career in a relevant industry. Learn the skills you need to boost your CV and go after the job you want. Complete the Minute Taking Course and gain an industry-recognised qualification that will help you excel in finding your ideal job.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, is there a time restriction on completing the course or can you access it when you can?
Dear Sarah, Thanks for the question. You will have a one-year access to the course after purchasing. You can complete the course anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If you failed the exam can you resit? Is there any extra cost for this?
Dear Nicola, Thanks for the question. You can take the mock exam three times without any fees. If you fail in the final exam, you can reset it by paying £1.99 every time. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is it possible to do this course via an iPad?
Dear Elizabeth, Thanks for your question. Our site is almost all device friendly, so you can easily access the courses with your iPad and all other devices. As the courses are completely online, you can do the course from anywhere in the world. Thanks Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.