Add to basket or enquire
Providing antenatal care, parenting classes, clinical examinations, screening etc are just some of the tasks a midwife has to do on a daily basis. To ensure the best health outcome for both mother and baby, a midwife must ensure that everything they do is done to perfection. A course in Midwifery Management and Education can prepare you for that.
To be a good midwife, you have to be approachable, trustworthy, knowledgeable, and someone new mothers may rely on in times of need. As a midwife, you are going to be the primary point of contact for new parents. Your job will entail offering evidence-based information and assistance to help people in navigating their pregnancy and prepare for parenting.
Our Midwifery Management and Education course can teach everything you might need to know about being a midwife, from the history of this profession to the ethical implications in the practice of midwifery.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Get an idea of the management and education of midwifery
- Understand the basics and history of the midwifery profession
- Learn about the various roles and responsibilities of midwives
- Acquire the skill of effective communication
- Know the ethical implication in the midwifery profession
Our Midwifery Management and Education course features comprehensive data and information on all you need to know on the related topic. The course is designed in 27 elaborately detailed modules. Each module is prepared in a well-researched and clear-to-understand manner to ensure your better understanding.
- Module 01: Definition and Origin of Midwifery
- Module 02: Midwifery as a Career Option
- Module 03: Midwifery Management and Education
- Module 04: Midwives’ Role in Health and Inequality
- Module 05: Social, Cultural and Spiritual Context of Childbearing
- Module 06: Antenatal Care and Screening
- Module 07: Midwifery Support in Labour: Intrapartum Care
- Module 08: Induction of labour
- Module 09: Postnatal Care as a Midwife
- Module 10: Nurture and Nature: The Healthy Newborn
- Module 11: Stillbirth, Neonatal Death and Bereavement
- Module 12: Infant feeding
- Module 13: Newborn Infection
- Module 14: Home Birth
- Module 15: Complementary and Alternative Medicines Applied to Maternity Care
- Module 16: Pharmacology and Medicines Management
- Module 17: Bleeding in Pregnancy
- Module 18: Medical Disorders of Pregnancy
- Module 19: Pre-term Labour
- Module 20: Twins and higher-order births
- Module 21: Care During the Third Stage of Labour
- Module 22: Terminology and Abbreviations for Midwifery
- Module 23: Perinatal mental health
- Module 24: Supporting a Healthy Pregnancy
- Module 25: Contraception and family planning
- Module 26: Effective Communication for Midwifery
- Module 27: Ethics in Midwifery
Who is this course for?
You don’t need any previous training or training materials to finish this course. This course is designed for:
- Midwives already in the profession and looking to update their knowledge
- General healthcare practitioners
- Anyone interested to know more about midwifery and maternity care
Any prior understanding of the Midwifery Management and Education is not required. You are always welcome to sign up for our course, regardless of your level of experience, whether you are a beginner or an employer already.
Completing the Midwifery Management and Education course can open up various exciting career opportunities, such as:
- Maternity Support Worker
- Emergency Care Assistant
The average salary can range from £19,000 - £50,000 per annum for anyone residing in the United Kingdom.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
After successfully completing this Midwifery Management and Education course, you will qualify for the CPD QS -certified certificate. The PDF Certificate will be completely free.
Certificate of completion
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
The hardcopy certificate for this Midwifery Management and Education course can be received by paying £9.99, for students living inside the UK. For international orders, the total fee is £14.99 (£9.99 Certification Fee + £5 postal charge).
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.