Add to basket or enquire
- 12 months unlimited access
- Completion Certificate awarded upon completion to show employers your new skills
- Free upgrade on to our premium platform
- Free career advice available on completion
This course is specifically for participants to measure their knowledge and skills on making the appropriate job role decisions around implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
This course is designed for ETL and Data Warehouse Developers who most likely focus on hands-on work creating business intelligence (BI) solutions, including data cleansing, Extract Transform Load (ETL), and Data Warehouse implementation. Primary responsibilities may include:
- Mastering data using Master Data Services
- Cleansing data using Data Quality Services
- ETL Package development for data loading/transfer/transformation
- Data Synchronization
- One-time data or application migration
- Ad-hoc data manipulations, transformations
- Scheduling ETL jobs
- Managing, configuring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
This training course on implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 prepares participants for the Microsoft Exam 70-463.
This course will provide all the skills and knowledge for the following areas:
- Designing and implementing dimensions
- Designing and implementing fact tables
- Defining connection managers
- Designing and implementing data flow
- Managing SSIS package execution
- Implementing script tasks in SSIS
- Designing and implementing control flow
- Implementing package logic using SSIS variables and parameters
- Implementing data load options
- Implementing script components in SSIS
- Troubleshooting data integration issues
- Installing and maintaining SSIS components
- Implementing auditing, logging, and event handling
- Deploying SSIS solutions
- Configuring SSIS security settings
- Installing and maintaining Data Quality Services
- Implementing master data management solutions
- Creating a data quality project to clean data
MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
LESSON 1: INTRODUCTION TO DATA WAREHOUSES
- Topic A: Overview of Data Warehouses
- Topic B: Examine Data Warehousing Concepts
- Topic C: Introduction to Data Analysis and Reporting Concepts
LESSON 2: CREATING DIMENSIONS AND CHANGING GRANULARITY OF DIMENSIONS
- Topic A: Create Dimensions
- Topic B: Change Granularity
LESSON 3: CREATING FACT TABLES AND COLUMN STORE INDEXES
- Topic A: Create Fact Tables
- Topic B: Create Column store Indexes
- Lesson 4: Implementing Data Warehouses in SQL Server 2012
- Topic A: Overview of Data Warehouse Components
- Topic B: Install Integration Services
LESSON 5: WORKING WITH INTEGRATION SERVICES
- Topic A: Create an SSIS Project
- Topic B: Add Packages to an SSIS Project
LESSON 6: MANAGING CONTROL FLOW
- Topic A: Deploy a Control Flow
- Topic B: Execute Packages from Different Control Flow
LESSON 7: WORKING WITH DYNAMIC VARIABLES
- Topic A: Create Expressions with Variables
- Topic B: Create Package Templates
LESSON 8: IMPLEMENTING DATA FLOW
- Topic A: Add Data Flow Components to a Data Flow Task
- Topic B: Perform Transformation Tasks
- Topic C: Track Changed Data
LESSON 9: MANAGING DATA FLOW
- Topic A: Add Script Tasks and Script Components to an SSIS Package
- Topic B: Profile OLTP Data
- Topic C: Cleanse Data Using DQS
LESSON 10: MANAGING SSIS PACKAGE EXECUTION
- Topic A: Execute SSIS Packages on the Server
- Topic B: Configure the Package Execution Strategy
LESSON 11: DEBUGGING AND TROUBLESHOOTING PACKAGES
- Topic A: Debug Package Execution Components
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Package Failures
LESSON 12: DEPLOYING PACKAGES
- Topic A: Deploy SSIS Packages
- Topic B: Examine MSI Packages
LESSON 13: SECURING PACKAGES AND DATABASES
- Topic A: Secure Packages
- Topic B: Secure Databases
LESSON 14: WORKING WITH MDS AND WINDOWS AZURE
- Topic A: Configure MDS
- Topic B: Work with MDS Databases
- Topic C: Work with Windows Azure
EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING
Our Courseware uses only the industry’s finest instructors. They have a minimum of 15 years real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields. Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This creates a personal learning experience and gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS
Our courseware includes instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor. Our Courseware always focuses on real world scenarios and skill-set development.
QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS
Our custom practice exams prepare you for your exams differently and more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. You will have practice quizzes after each module to ensure you are confident on the topic you have completed before proceeding.
This will allow you to gauge your effectiveness before moving to the next module in your course. Our Courses also include practice exams designed to replicate and mirror the environment in the testing centre. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared before taking your certification exam.
SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING
We Have designed a world class Learning Management System (LMS) This system allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions in our NOW@ Forums, rate and “like” different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge through our forums, student contributions and announcement features. This LMS is unmatched in the industry and makes learning fun and enjoyable.
FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES
Our Courseware knows that education is not a one size fits all approach. Students learn in different ways through different tools. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. This will allow you to train in ways that keep you engaged and focused. Each course will have dozens of Flash Cards so you can sharpen your skill-sets throughout your training as well as educational games designed to make sure your retention level of the materials is extremely high.
NAVIGATION & CONTROLS
Our self-paced training programs are designed in a modular fashion to allow you the flexibility to work with expert level instruction anytime 24/7. All courses are arranged in defined sections with navigation controls allowing you to control the pace of your training. This allows students to learn at their own pace around their schedule.
12 MONTHS UNLIMITED ACCESS
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Who is this course for?
This package is designed for any individual wishing to pursue or enhance their career in Microsoft SQL 2012.
Our Online Courses is a cost-effective and successful approach for many individuals. It provides a flexible learning method, allowing candidates to schedule learning at a time that suits them and fits in with other commitments; ideal for those who find it difficult to take time away from their workplace. It also allows candidates to work at their own pace, and revisit sections of the course as often as needed, leading to a fuller understanding of all the topics covered.
In addition, there are none of the high costs of travel and accommodation associated with courses at an external venue.
There is no need for any special equipment to complete your course, all you need is a high speed internet connection.
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, iPads, Android tablets, Macs and PCs.
A list of Career Paths you can pursue:
- SQL Database Administrator
- SQL Server Database Engineer
- Support Engineer
- Systems Engineer
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.