The Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server 2016 course focuses on the skills that are needed to manage the Windows Server 2016 operating system, client-server structure, network infrastructure, virtualisation, domain management and security implementation. It will teach IT professionals to realise faster response times and the implementation of automation of manual tasks.
The MCSA: Windows Server 2016 exam serves as a prerequisite to the MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure course, giving you the option to take your IT skills and knowledge to an even higher level.
What will you learn?
Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads
- Implementing enterprise storage solutions
- Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations
- Remote access in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring advanced networking features
- Implementing Group Policy
- Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD and much more!
Why study online?
Technological improvements and advances in educational design mean that studying online is no longer just a low-cost alternative to traditional training methods. In many respects, our online courses offer training which is superior to the majority of available classroom options.
Not only is the effectiveness of the training process enhanced, but also the convenience and overall cost efficiency of studying online makes it a compelling option for training. You can learn at your own pace and can repeat each section as many times as required, unlike in a traditional classroom environment.
Studying at your own pace, rewinding and going over the material as often as you need improves your long-term memory retention and makes studying more rewarding.
Curriculum for the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 course
70-740: Installation, Storage, and computer with Windows Server 2016
- Module 1: Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads
- Module 2: Configuring local storage
- Module 3: Implementing enterprise storage solutions
- Module 4: Implementing Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
- Module 5: Installing and configuring Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Module 6: Deploying and managing Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Module 7: Overview of high availability and disaster recovery
- Module 8: Implementing failover clustering
- Module 9: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Module 10: Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Module 11: Creating and managing deployment images
- Module 12: Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations
70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016
- Module 1: Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
- Module 2: Implementing DHCP
- Module 3: Implementing Ipv6
- Module 4: Implementing DNS
- Module 5: Implementing and managing IPAM
- Module 6: Remote access in Windows Server 2016
- Module 7: Implementing DirectAccess
- Module 8: Implementing VPNs
- Module 9: Implementing networking for branch offices
- Module 10: Configuring advanced networking features
- Module 11: Implementing Software Defined Networking
70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016
- Module 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers
- Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS
- Module 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
- Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
- Module 6: Managing user settings with Group Policy
- Module 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
- Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
- Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
- Module 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS
- Module 12: Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD
- Module 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
Why should you study this course?
Gaining an internationally recognised certification will prove to your employer and your peers that you are passionate about the career that you have chosen to follow and that you have gained the skills and knowledge needed to manage and maintain a Windows Server 2016 environment.
Who is this course for?
This course is suited to anyone looking to start a career as a Network Administrator or Server professional, as well as individuals who have an interest in IT.
There are no formal educational prerequisites to studying the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 online course, however, it is recommended that you have foundational skills and knowledge of IT.
- Network Systems Administrator
- IT Support Analyst
- Infrastructure Engineer
- IT Engineer
- Server Engineer
- Network Specialist
- Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Support Engineer
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.