Add to basket or enquire
- Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Microsoft 365 compliant
- Award winning Microsoft MVP instructor Ken Puls
- Certificate of training upon completing the course
- Accredited with CPD UK
- Bite sized video tutorials, cheat sheets, exercise files and quizzes
- Unlimited testing
- Self-paced course can be completed in your own time over 12 months
Course Syllabus includes 24 beginner level lessons
Getting to know Excel - Find your way around and learn the basics of Excel.
- The Ribbon - Understand the terminology and elements of the Ribbon.
- The Work Surface - Understand the main terms used to describe Excel’s work canvas.
- Navigation - Navigate the Excel Interface and learn how to select cells and ranges.
- First File - Create your first Excel file, enter data and create a table.
- Formatting - Make information look more attractive in Excel.
- Basic Math - Work with basic mathematics in Excel.
Essential Formula Knowledge - Understand the most common and essential formula categories in Excel and how to use them.
- Formula Anatomy - Understanding Excel Formula Anatomy
- Cell Referencing - Learn about working with absolute and relative cell referencing, and techniques for copying formulas.
- Function Anatomy - Use to understand the anatomy of Excel functions, and what their components mean.
- Math Functions - Learn basic math functions including SUM, ROUND and SUBTOTAL.
- Basic Statistics - Learn basic statistical functions including COUNT, COUNTA, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, MEDIAN and MODE.
- Logic Functions - Learn to build standalone logical IF functions, and make them more complex by nesting AND and OR within them.
- Text Functions - Learn to break apart text with the LEFT, RIGHT, MID, FIND and SEARCH functions, and to combine text with the & character.
Intermediate Formula Knowledge - Learn more advanced formulas and gain a deeper understanding of how Excel formulas work.
- Conditional Math - Learn to use SUMIF, COUNTIF and SUMPRODUCT to add cells only when certain conditions are met.
- External Links - Learn about creating and updating external links, and about the potential dangers of external links in Excel.
Optimizing Data - Get your data into a usable form and unleash Excel's most powerful tools with it.
- Sorting - Learn to sort data in Excel by a single column or by multiple columns.
- Filtering - Learn to filter Excel data for specific words, dates, and apply multiple filters to a single data table.
- Contiguous Data - Learn tricks for consolidating your data so it's vertically contiguous (without blank rows) – for Tables, PivotTables and Charts.
Presenting and Reporting - Interpret your data and turn it into information using Excel's advanced formatting tools.
- Cell Formatting - Learn to work with the Format Cells dialog to apply text rotation and borders, and to center data across multiple cells.
- Building Column Charts - Learn how to create an effective column chart by reducing ink and 'noise' that distract from the main messages.
- Building Bar Charts - How to create an effective bar chart by reducing ink and noise that distract from the story.
- Building Pie Charts - Learn how to build an effective pie chart, and when you should and shouldn’t use them.
- Building Line Charts - How to create an effective line chart through careful manipulation of chart elements to enhance its story telling ability.
Validating and Updating - Increase the integrity and longevity of your spreadsheet so that the right data is entered and can be easily updated.
- Comments - Learn about creating, reviewing and printing Excel comments.
Who is this course for?
This online course is designed to teach people the basics of Microsoft Excel for work and study. It includes 24 beginner level lessons delivered in bite sized, engaging video tutorials by an award-winning Microsoft Excel MVP instructor, Ken Puls.
No prior knowledge of Excel is required
Accountancy & Finance, Admin, Secretarial & PA, Business & Management
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How many hours of study is this course?Answer:
The Microsoft Excel - Basic course is 24 lessons. We estimate that a lesson will take 30 minutes to complete if you watch the video tutorial, complete the exercise files, read through the quick reference documentation and take a short quiz at the end of the lesson. So, the estimated time to complete the GoSkills Excel - Basic course is 12 hours.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Would I be able to learn VLook-upAnswer:
VLook-up is covered in our Microsoft Excel - Advanced course. If you are new to Excel, I would recommend the Microsoft Excel - Basic and Advanced course. This combines the two courses, so you will start with the basics and will work up to the more advanced lessons like VLook-up. Cheers, GoSkills SupportThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Certificate of Achievement
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.