Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete the course at your own speed.
This course will help you resolve the complexity question by demonstrating the basics of the construction of Microsoft Access and why the structure makes sense. You will also understand the built of access and be able to be comfortable moving around in the program. This course will also show you many practical demonstrations of using Access. By taking this course today, you will be able to acquire beginner to advance knowledge about Microsoft Access and how you could use Access to increase your productivity!
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Access is a database management tool by Microsoft. With this tool, you can organize and analyze large amount of data, better and more optimal than Excel.
This course is dedicated to resolving the complexity question by demonstrating the basics of HOW Access is constructed and why the structure makes sense. By the time you have finished the first sections of the course, you will understand WHY Access is built the way it is and feel comfortable moving around in the program.
Once you understand the basic structure, the course will show you many practical demonstrations of what Access can be used for. By the end of the course you will have a very good idea EXACTLY how you could use Access to increase your productivity.
Learn about Access Objects and how they work together. Learn how the screen is organized and become very comfortable with moving around inside the various parts of the program. Understand how Access makes dealing with many settings and choices as easy as possible.
After taking this course, you will have learned the following:
- Understand the structure of the database file and its advantages.
- Become comfortable with how the menus and ribbons work.
- Learn how you can save all your data in one place.
- Learn how to extract only the information you want.
- See how to relate tables together and resolve the “1 to Many” problem.
- Discover how having separate report formats reduces report prep time.
- Learn how to easily create subtotals and do calculations.
- See how you can link data back to Excel sheets for distribution.
- View demonstrations of how Macros can be used to automate tasks.
- See examples of how the VBA Programming Language can be used.
- Learn how Access can work with Other Microsoft Office programs.
Microsoft Access Course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1: THREE Major Data Problems That Access Completely Resolves
- Intro And Three Data Problems Overview
- Access Solves The SIZE And SPEED Problem
- Access Solves The DATA SHARING Problem
- Access Solves The ONE To MANY Problem
Topic 2: Learning The Parts Of The Access Screen
- The Parts Of The Access Screen
- Direct Download Of Database File
- Working With The Navigation Pane, Menu, Ribbons And Objects
Topic 3: TABLE Objects - The Basics
- Creating Our First Table And Data Type PDF
- Adding, Editing And Deleting Records
- Primary Keys: What They Are And Why They Are Important
- Adding Autonumbers, Primary Keys And Restructuring Tables
- Basic Table Sorting And Filtering
Topic 4: REPORT Objects - The Basics
- What Do Reports Do?
- Modifying The Report
- Working With Controls, Report And Layout Views
Topic 5: QUERY Objects: The Basics
- Basic Queries
- Query Criteria
- Date Criteria And Between
- Using OR In Criteria
- Parameter Queries
Topic 6: PROPERTIES: Making Thousands Of Choices Manageable
- Viewing Table Properties And Custom Formatting PDF
- Field Validation And Other Field Properties
- Query Properties
- Report Properties
Topic 7: FORM Objects - The Basics
- Creating A Form With The Wizard
- Cleaning Up the Form – Working With Controls
- More Form Cleanup – Moving Labels, Adding Rectangles, Font Color
- Resize Header And Detail And Finish Form
Topic 8: Advanced TABLES
- Using The Lookup Wizard
- Setup Lookups Without The Wizard
- Advanced Sorting And Filtering
- Working With Related TABLES
Topic 9: Advanced QUERIES
- Using TOP Queries
- Using TOTAL Queries
- ACTION Queries – UPDATE
- ACTION Queries – APPEND
- Multi Table And MAKE TABLE ACTION Queries
- ACTION Queries – DELETE
- Calculations In Queries And Formatting Results
- A Parameter Query Trick
Topic 10: Advanced REPORTS
- Reports Based On The Parameter Query Trick
- Calculations In Reports
- Sorting With Reports
- Adding An Order Month To Our Query
- Subtotals In Reports
- Label The Subtotals And Report Total
- Conditional Formatting
Topic 11: Advanced FORMS
- Add A Combo Box To Our Orders Form
- Setting The Tab Order
- Using TAB Controls
- Continuous Forms 1 – Add A Calculated Field
- Continuous Forms 2 – A Shortcut For Creating
- Add A Subform
- Change A Textbox Into A ComboBox
Topic 12: Automating Things In Your Forms
- The Hooks – Form And Report EVENT Properties
- Updating The Main Form Total
- Recalculating The Order Total
Topic 13: More Form Automation: BUTTONS And MACROS
- Create A Go To Customer Button
- Create A To Orders button In A Subform
- A New Order Button On The Customer Form
- Modify The Add Order Macro To Plug The Name And Address
- New Customer And Exit Buttons
- A Special Startup Macro
Topic 14: Creating A Multi Page Invoice
- Create An Invoice Report From The Orders Subform
- Change Invoice Recordsource And More Formatting
- Create An Invoice Button On The Orders Form
- Test A Multi Page Invoice And Final Formatting
Topic 15: Final Thoughts
- Access Is Built For Networking
- THREE Best Practices In Table Design With PDF
- What’s New In Access 2016
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in having a clear understanding of how to use Microsoft Access effectively.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.